Board index Equipment Scanners DiMage Scan Dual IV Custom Wizard Resolution & Size Sett

Scanners

DiMage Scan Dual IV Custom Wizard Resolution & Size Sett

littleatom

DiMage Scan Dual IV Custom Wizard Resolution & Size Sett

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:00 am

I have been trying to custom scan 35mm slides at 16bit w/ Resolution input & output each set at 800dpi, and image size approximately 8"w x 5"h. I have gone into the "Custom Wizard" and finally been able to set 800pi for both input and output, but the size won't go higher than Input & Output W1.46 x H.97 (inch setting) - which is just tiny! If I go higher on the inches, the Resolution input resets itself to 3200dpi, and the output width in inches won't even go above 5.85 anyway. It's like trying to fit down the alternate corners of a too-tight fitted sheet on a mattress - you get one down and the other one pops up.

Anybody know how to override all of the settings and make your own custom adjustments?

Thank you so much!
margaret in brooklyn

chiko321

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am

you don't necessarily need to continue using the same software. I use Hamrick's VueScan which is continually updated with new driver support for all kinds of scanners. http://www.hamrick.com You can get a standard edition with 1-year's worth of updates for about $40US or you can get unlimited updates for $80. I like it because it allows you to tweak all the scanner's settings, calibrate it and use special features like dust/scratch removal batch scanning and manual focusing for those stubborn curly films. DPI would be a non-issue with this software as input and output resolutions are not tied together.

Board index Equipment Scanners DiMage Scan Dual IV Custom Wizard Resolution & Size Sett