Board index Equipment Scanners Scanning Яussian and Cuban film

Scanners

Scanning Яussian and Cuban film

hawkyey1

Scanning Яussian and Cuban film

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I have a bag full of old rolls of film from Cuba. They were taken on "Soviet type" film that is a lot thicker than normal. There are both slides and negatives.
Trying to scan them on my Epson Perfection 3200 has proven to be a struggle because of the stiffness of the rolls. (The jigs that hold the negative or slide film in place are not strong enough! :( )

Anyone encountered this problem before or can help?

captain_superlekker

Re: Scanning Яussian and Cuban film

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:42 pm

What is the name of the film, and how old is it? I used to work in a factory in the East that made film like this. You want to be careful, as the old eastern block film can get the emulsion flaking off - certainly don't force the film. As it was never made for scanning, just printing, there is no straightforward solution to this.

You could put a slab of anti Newton glass on top, or get someone with an Epson V750 which has stronger jigs with glass.

Good Luck!

captain_superlekker

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:45 pm

What is the name of the film, and how old is it? I used to work in a factory in the East that made film like this. You want to be careful, as the old eastern block film can get the emulsion flaking off - certainly don't force the film. As it was never made for scanning, just printing, there is no straightforward solution to this.

You could put a slab of anti Newton glass on top, or get someone with an Epson V750 which has stronger jigs with glass.

Good Luck!

hawkyey1

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks captain_superlekker, I'll give it a try

Cheers

Board index Equipment Scanners Scanning Яussian and Cuban film