Board index Equipment Film Cameras Looking for a light meter?

Film Cameras

Looking for a light meter?

jazzmech

Looking for a light meter?

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:13 am

Looking for a digital light meter to work with my mamiya 645 1000s. Looking for recommendations.

Thanks
Spencer

arachnophilia

Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:30 am

as well am i for my mamiya rb67. (ehehe my pe... err, camera is bigger than yours!)

cheap is good. as long as it gives a fairly accurate reading.

castledude

Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:47 pm

For cheap I would advise ...

Sekonic L 308

Gossen Digiflash (looks kinda retro)

Minolta VF

All are around $200 and are as accurate as any other meter I have seen (the wonders of the digital age).

If you are using pocket wizards (or are planning on using them) then the Sekonic L358 is a great unit...

jazzmech

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:32 am

Thanks for the comments, but bigger is not always better :wink:

JM

arachnophilia

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:27 am

jazzmech wrote:bigger is not always better :wink:

someone lied to you. :P

canonos

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:15 am

Sekonic L 358 or L 558 . The latter if money is not a problem. :P

snoopypood

Light Meter

Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:07 pm

I guess it depends on what you want to measure. If you are looking for all ambient light measurement, both general reflective and incident, you don't really need to go digital. The Sekonic L-398 was the mainstay in my bag for decades - never needed batteries and it proved to be very accurate. Eventually, I wanted a flash meter as well as a 1 degree spot meter and after considerable angst, I opted for the Gossen Starlite. I didn't get the one currently available with the swivel head, my model preceeds that. Even so, the meter was about $400 a couple of years ago but I'm sure one can be found today on the used market for less. Quite frankly, it does everything - incident, reflective and spot including calculating averages; zone metering if you are into black and white and, of course, flash metering. With digital cameras today, people rarely need this kind of metering accuracy since they can view their shot and reshoot it if they don't like it. But, with film, you don't really know what you got until after the processor finishes with it.

nsoler

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Agreed! Sekonic L-358 is the most practical Flash/Light meter out there for the money you can get one from eBay for 180.00-195.00

Cheers

canonos wrote:Sekonic L 358 or L 558 . The latter if money is not a problem. :P

szgs100

Re: Looking for a light meter?

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:56 am

we are a professional retailer and wholesaler for test & measurement instrument from china.

http://www.e-goldensun.com

here, more tester for your reference.

brandywine

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm

I have used the Sekonic L 508 for a few years now, find it very reliable.

Not the cheapest on the market, but will cover most needs.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Looking for a light meter?