Board index Equipment Film Cameras Canon Manual Film SLR to fit my AF lenses

Film Cameras

Canon Manual Film SLR to fit my AF lenses

lasoreous

Canon Manual Film SLR to fit my AF lenses

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:21 am

Hey all!

With reference to the subject line, is there such a thing? I know there is the Canon EF-M ( see http://www.ne.jp/asahi/japan/manual-camera/efm1.htm ). But, somehow, it does not strike my fancy. I am thinking about something closer to a rugged Canon A-1, a Nikon FM3A, or (perfection of perfections!) an Olympus OM system.

I already have 3 AF Canon-mount lenses, and will probably be upgrading them in the near future. So, a corollary question is: are there alternatives with aperture rings for the following lenses:
(1) 18-55 mm EF-S
(2) 50 mm MKII
(3) 75-300 mm (this one's a Tamron)

Now, the reason I am asking is that I am going to be buying a manual SLR system sometime in the next couple of months. I had an OM2n (which I dropped), so my preference will be the OM - unless! I can find a Canon manual camera that will let me use my AF lenses.

Thank you!

Gleb

jim_panzee

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:12 pm

Buy an A1, both camera and FD lenses are realy cheap now, or look on ebay and find someone selling an Olypus OM 1-2 kit, they also seem to be going for next to nothing.

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

arachnophilia

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:49 pm

i think canon changed their mounts between the manual and autofocus cameras. sells more lenses that way.

lasoreous

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 am

Thanks all! I did know about the change from FD to EF mount. However, I was hoping that maybe there is a manual Canon camera like the FM3A out there. Looks like there is no alternative (what a happy dead-end this is!) but to go back to Olympus. :)
I just got back the first two rolls from my new (old) Olympus 35RC, and oh boy! this baby is one kickass camera. It's my new little hero - some shots are equivalent to my brand-new Rebel in sharpness, while the mysteriously magical feeling of film is retained. What a performance from a 30-year old camera!
Gleb

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Canon Manual Film SLR to fit my AF lenses