Board index Equipment Film Cameras Cheap enlarger

Film Cameras

Cheap enlarger

ralyza

Cheap enlarger

Post Wed May 18, 2005 4:54 am

Hello can anyone recommend a decent reliable film enlarger. Im going to be basically printing black and white(35mm). I have no knowledge for Im just starting to explore the world of film. Thanks in advance

snoopypood

Cheap enlarger

Post Wed May 18, 2005 11:48 pm

you need three components - the enlarger, the light source and a lens. You can pick up a Beseler 23C enlarger for probably less than $60. For black and white, I strongly recommend a cold light source. These can be had for less than $90. A good 50mm enlarging lens is what you need. I would put my money here - a good Rodenstock Rodegon 50mm 2.8 lens will fill all of your needs. Most of these things can be found on Ebay.

jim_panzee

Post Fri May 20, 2005 7:25 am

If you look around you can pick all what you require for next to nothing now, that's the best thing about digital cameras.
I found a complete set of darkroom equipment (enlarger, lenses, plates, paper, developing tank, etc etc etc. at a flea market the other day all for 20 Euros (17 Dollars). I didn't buy it as I still have my original equipment, but its out there if you search a little.

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Cheap enlarger