Board index Equipment Film Cameras which slide film for landscapes?

Film Cameras

which slide film for landscapes?

ldossantos

which slide film for landscapes?

Post Thu May 26, 2005 12:14 pm

Which slide film (velvia, sensia, etc) would you recomend to take pictures of landscapes with lots of green and blue tones and good sun/lighting conditions?

Luis

canadiancraig

Post Fri May 27, 2005 2:39 am

IMO, that sounds like the perfect conditions for Velvia 50. Provia 100 would be nice too.

jim_panzee

Post Fri May 27, 2005 6:50 am

Lighting conditions need to be good for landscapes with Vevia 50, any big differences in light and shade can play havoc with the resulting exposures. Try to take your shots in the early morning or evening for best results with this film.

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

sergiopadura

Post Sat May 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Velvia 50 for sure and a tripod for nice focus. All my landscape images and almost a 90 % of my work has been shooted with Velvia and then scanned. Check my site here if you want to.

mark01253

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:19 pm

I agree that Velvia is best for landscapes. The only downsides are that it doesn't cope well with high contrast conditions and you will probably need to use a tripod. Bear in mind that Velvia 50 gives warm saturated colours which are not necessarily realistic but add character to landscapes. if you want something with more natural colours, try Provia 100.

Mark

Board index Equipment Film Cameras which slide film for landscapes?