Board index Equipment Film Cameras old cameras

Film Cameras

old cameras

icdapoakr

old cameras

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:13 am

can anyone tell me of a good old camera? such as the nikkormat but ae-1 cheaper though.

i have a canon digital rebel xt and i just like how you get pictures back from film and have that wow effect.

bohica

Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:10 pm

A Nikkormat EL is a great camera using readily available nikor non AI lenses, also consider a Pentax K1000, both are all metal, all manual ( well the Nikkormat EL does have aperture prefered AE) that will give you years of service. The Nikkormat FT and FTN are also good cameras but use the discontinued 1.35 mercury battery.

llung

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:16 am

There is now an enviro-friendly replacement for the old 1.35 mercury batteries: the wein cell zinc air battery. They are readily available, both online and in stores and I use them in my Olympus OM-1, also a great old manual camera.

jim_panzee

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:33 am

It depends what you want to use it for, but I've said this before and I will say it again, one of the finest cameras I have ever owned is the Rollei 35 S, a truly miniature marvel, with its brilliant 2.8 Sonnar lens, takes some of the finest pictures I have ever seen.

Get a good one and make sure its an S, and you can't go wrong.

See them here. http://www.rolleiclub.com/rollei/35/rol ... ameras.htm

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

debifitz

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:48 pm

Since you are already using a Canon, you might check out the Canon T90. I LOVED that camera!!! The only reason I quite using it was to go to auto focus. It has a nice solid metal body,very durable. And I thought it took great photos.

ukexpat

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:15 pm

debifitz wrote:Since you are already using a Canon, you might check out the Canon T90. I LOVED that camera!!! The only reason I quite using it was to go to auto focus. It has a nice solid metal body,very durable. And I thought it took great photos.

I still have my T90 -- great camera. I bought it to replace a stolen A-1. Still have a hankering for the old A-1, mist keep a look out on eBay for a mint version.

crashndonna

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:17 pm

On the topic of old cameras, does anyone know anything about a camera called "Vista colour"? It was made in England I guess around the 40s/50s its moulded out of bakelite, and has beautiful art deco lines. It uses 120 film.

Also has anyone used a Coronet Rapide? Its now my favourite camera. I only get 8 frames from a film, but cracking quality.

inest

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:54 pm

Dear Photographers!
Old rare and new Soviet cameras are available at
http://www.quadrobuy.net

kaldalons

Re: old cameras

Post Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:58 pm

icdapoakr wrote:can anyone tell me of a good old camera? such as the nikkormat but ae-1 cheaper though.

i have a canon digital rebel xt and i just like how you get pictures back from film and have that wow effect.

i sell you mine ae-1 with motor drive shutter cable 2X extender
28mm f2,8 50mm f1,8 300mm f4 and 70-150 f4,5-5,6 exellent camera in great shape make me an offer on kaldalons@hive.is if you like

certochrome

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:36 pm

There are a lot of fine Japanese classic cameras for day-by-day usage :
To add the Yashica with bayonet mount gives advantage to use Zeiss lens too and the Pentax K-Series or the Nikkormat are very good choices also. Then i remember some Ricoh and Miranda Sensomat models or even the SR-T and XE-1 or XE-5 from Minolta. The Canon AE-1 gives great results and mine one never broke although falling down several times. My AE-1 proudly presents some additional scuffs and dents since 3 years as she stayed working in the airplane after being smashed to the airport floor half an hour before.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras old cameras