Board index Equipment Film Cameras Which Camera To Take To The Far East/Oz

Film Cameras

Which Camera To Take To The Far East/Oz

sj_harrison

Which Camera To Take To The Far East/Oz

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:50 am

Hi,

Next week I'll be going out to see my mother at her new home in Brisbane, and managing to stop off at Hong Kong, Sydney and Bangkok (god bless Qantas multi-trip tickets).

I'll be taking my Panasonic FZ20 digicam, and maybe looking at it's new big brother in Hong Kong, but I also want to take a film camera with me, as I have quite a few sat in the office at home wanting to come along.

The medium format gear and the real beauties (Electro GSN, QL17) are just too heavy - unfortunately.

I've narrowed the list down to:

Contax G2 with 28 or 45mm
Hexar AF
Ricoh GR1S (my usual pocket companion for monochromes)
Contax T2
Olympus XA
Lomo LCA (I love the colours, what can I say ?)

I'll be looking for something to do what the Panny can't - low light, wide angle, decent black and white etc.

Oh, and a mad little APS Vectis thing I got for a fiver from ebay for some underwater stuff will also be packed, but I doubt I'll be taking that to Sydney Harbour !

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Simon in London

filipdabrowski

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:51 pm

Personal choice would be the Olympus XA. Small camera that you can just put in your pocket and take everywhere you go.
"If your pictures aren`t good enough, you aren't close enough." (Robert Capa)

nyc0401

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:57 am

1st choice : GR1s or T2 - for sure you'll able to got sharp images like SLR.
2nd choice : LCA - u'r right, for sure you'll able to got "COLORS"

my 2 cents ! :wink:

jim_panzee

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:17 am

Personally I would take the Lomo. The 1:2.8 32mm lens will give you good wide angle shots, and the 2m-1/500sec exposure will be ideal for those low light situations.

Besides its cheap enough, so if it should get nicked, its not going to break the bank. :D

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Which Camera To Take To The Far East/Oz