Board index Equipment Film Cameras Russian lenses

Film Cameras

Russian lenses

jim_panzee

Russian lenses

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:35 pm

Has anyone bought or knows someone who has bought a lens or camera on Ebay from a scource based in Russia. If so how did it go, did you or they have problems?
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

castledude

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:48 pm

I have 5 Cameras..

Two Smena-2 (very cheap Bakelite) cameras.
A FED-1 and FED-2 (Leica III clones).
A Kiev 30 camera (a Minolta Spy camera clone).

All came in in pretty good (but used) shape. The Leica clones can be a little scary since you can tear/jam the shutter if you turn knobs in the wrong order. But they seemed to get to me in pretty good shape. Creating film leaders for the FEDs is also interesting since without it you can rip the shutter.

All my cameras came from UKRAINE locations, for protection I used Paypal and only dealt with people that had a reasonable number of sales/positive feed back.

The cameras I bough were between 40 and 70 years old so I expected some wear on the cameras. I paid $30 max for any of them and looked over the pictures of them carefully before buying.

All of them are pretty well built, the FED feels very substantial. I have not timed the shutter or done extensive testing but they all seem to work.
None of the 35mm cameras have any light leaks, fungus/fogging or other problems. The Kiev uses funny film so I have not tried it. The self timers on one of the Smenas is a little sticky but that is pretty normal on that model.

All of them arrived in about 2 weeks from payment, which is better than I have had from some stateside people.

If nothing else I got some interesting stamps. :wink:

jim_panzee

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:46 pm

castledude Thanks for that, I'm thinking about an Industar 61 LD lens for my Leica 111f, for 20 Euros seems a bargain. But if its not what have I lost 20 Euros its not the earth. :wink:
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

castledude

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:59 am

http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/phot ... 61_ld.html

Has a review of it... Just don't stick it in your pocket... :P

opticsgeek

Industar 61 L/Z

Post Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:00 pm

Here is the detailed description of this Industar L/Z Lens and the price of $60 is nice as well:
http://www.kremlinoptics.com/catalog/item/industar_61l_z_lens.html

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Russian lenses