Board index Equipment Film Cameras Hasselblad 500c

Film Cameras

Hasselblad 500c

emendoz1

Hasselblad 500c

Post Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to medium format as well. I recently bought a Hasselblad 500c and I am in the process of trying to take pictures. The first roll I took was over exposed, the second was under exposed. I can't figure out the settings on the lense v,x,m. Can anyone help? Is there a basic setting guide that I can go by? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once I shoot some pictures I'll post them.

Thanks

Ed

wau

Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:16 am

X and M are the flash synchronization settings. X is for electronic flash, M for flash bulb. V is the self-timer delay setting.

If you don't have a separate meter (or camera with a meter), try using the "Sunny-16 Rule" to set your exposures. Set your shutter speed to the reciprocal of the film ISO speed as close as you can (e.g. use 1/500th second for ISO 400 film), then set the aperture to f16 for bright sunlight, f8 for cloudy scenes, or f4 for deep shade. Usually this guide can be found on the inside of the film box. Indoor or darker scenes will require either a larger aperture or a slower shutter speed (or both), or use of a flash. Speeds below 1/30th or 1/25th of a second may require a tripod or other bracing for steadiness.

emendoz1

Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:04 am

Thanks! I thought it would be very different than 35mm but it sounds like it's the same process. I appreciate your help.

Happy Holidays

Ed

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Hasselblad 500c