Board index Equipment Film Cameras Rolleiflex 3.5E

Film Cameras

Rolleiflex 3.5E

mikej86

Rolleiflex 3.5E

Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:54 pm

I recently (within the last 4 days) purchased a Rolleiflex 3.5E and am loving it. I haven't developed a roll yet though so I don't know how well I've exposed my photographs yet. If anyone has any information about this camera or you own one yourself I'd love to hear from you. Will be posting photos on my site taken with this gem of the 50's as soon as I get them developed and scanned (aka a few weeks).

Mike J.

http://www.pbase.com/mikej86

thazooo

Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:36 pm

Hi Mike,
I've pwned the 3.5e since 1985, wonderful camera, sharp images. I have several posted in my gallery. Only suggestions store with silica gel packs and if the shutter gets slow exercise it. I normally fire mine a half dozen times b4 loading film. Enjoy!!

Dana

mikej86

?

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:39 am

why store with silica gel packs? what do you mean by store? for how long

thazooo

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:12 pm

I live in the deep south, HIGH humidity. I use the gel packs to keep out moisture. Older cameras will grow mildew and fungus faster than newer models. The gel packs absorb the moisture. I do this when ever I case my camera, 2 days or 2 months. The gel packs are cheap insurance :--)

Dana

hanfo

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:51 am

I have myself a Rolleiflex 3.5F also bought this month, I really love this camera already. Back to true basics.

Here you find some more information about Rolleiflex:
http://www.stutterheim.nl/rollei/text_p ... erinfo.htm
And here I found a manual for the 2.8e, it's the same camera as 3.5e.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex ... x_2.8e.htm

Good luck with your camera :wink:

sniedermair

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Hi Mike,
I own a 2.8D with a schneider Xenar lens, as well as a 2.8F with the famous Planar. Bth have a built in light meter, and were serviced about five years ago by the Canadina Rollei Service. These cameras are just magnificent! You almost want to forget any 35mm camera. I own a number of Leicas, R3,R4, R5 and R8. They are superb, but it is the format. 6x6 gives you so much more.
The most imortant thing is the transportability of those Rollei's. Just under 1000 grammes, and the size is actually less than a Canon! Forget about autofocus, auto-this and that. This is true photography.
Yes, I own a Nikon F90, with cruise control and ABS brakes, and a gazillion lenses, but 80% of my pictures are taken either with a 6x6 Roleiflex, or with the Leica M6. And no, I am not an old dinosaur, I also use digital cameras for business ( I am an automotive engineer), but seeing those slides on the screen, blown up to 8'x8', wow!
Enjoy your new camera, be it b&w, colour prints, or slides. And in some cases, you may scan them and create nice panoramas, or whatever!
Best regards, and Good Light,
Siegi Niedermair

sniedermair

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Sorry for the spelling errors, but I am new to this forum!
Siegi

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Rolleiflex 3.5E