Board index Equipment Film Cameras Minolta 7xi built in flash...proper exposure

Film Cameras

Minolta 7xi built in flash...proper exposure

boby777

Minolta 7xi built in flash...proper exposure

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:38 pm

When I go to aperature priority and set the aperature to f 27 and taka a pix. Then go to a low f stop, like around 3.5 or 4, and I take a picture of the same subject...
How does the 7xi know how to properly expose the picture? In flash mode the speed stays at 1/200. And the aperature is set by me.

Seems that the built in flash would have to vary its light output in order to provide the proper exposure (assuming I'm within the proper range of the built in flash, which is probably only up to 15 feet).

Thanks for any info.

Bob

zekewhipper

Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:25 am

Hello,

The reason your camera speed goes no faster than 1/200 sec. when you are in flash mode is because that is the fastest synchronization (sync.) speed probably for that camera.

With regards,

Duke

jonnyvpa

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:37 am

I shot with a 7xi for about a year.... I never liked anything that came out of the popup flash... but the highest sync speed is 1/200th.... use the redeye strobe function on the pop up if possible... thats usually how it will figure how much to distribute, by the laser that comes out of the body. but for best results go with the XI dedicated flash... its a good flash.. not too sophisticated... and they go for abotu 70 bux... then you'll be in good flash shape.

Hope i could help

JVPA

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Minolta 7xi built in flash...proper exposure