Board index Equipment Film Cameras Date cameras - what happens when they "run out"? E

Film Cameras

Date cameras - what happens when they "run out"? E

wolfeye

Date cameras - what happens when they "run out"? E

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi all, curious, most cameras with the date feature have some limit when the date isn't right or something. Like the date back on the EOS-3 which says the date is recorded/good until the year 2019. What happens after that? Can you set the date manually? Does it just get confused sometimes, or what?

Side note - anyone own the Nikon N80 date? Can't find anywhere what the limit is on that date...

I just bought a boatload of slide film and a date back for my EOS-3 and even if the date imprinting is only good for 13 more years, that's fine, but I would like to know what happens afterwards!

llung

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:02 am

I think I read something about this. In 2019, all EOS-3s will explode, creating an electromagnetic shockwave that will result in a rift in the space-time continuum. All humanity - indeed, all things, including the expired slide film in your fridge - will be destroyed as a consequence.

On the other hand, maybe that was an Asimov novel I'm remembering...

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Date cameras - what happens when they "run out"? E