Board index Equipment Film Cameras Need Help Please!

Film Cameras

Need Help Please!

ghecko

Need Help Please!

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:01 pm

I am going to be going to a Nature reserve over December and I am first of all unsure of what film to use? Secondly when I use my 75-300mm lens to its maximum zoom in the day, do I need a tripod to get clear shots or will hand held be fine? My problem is that I will be in the car most of the day, I have seen these bush bags which you place on the window but do they work?

Please excuse, I am still in the early days of studying and would like to achieve some beautiful photo's to show you all :D

ilanphoto

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:13 pm

As long as the motor is not running you can use these bean bags. If the motor is on, you will have more vibrations from the car itself.
For sharp pictures a tripod is always recommended
HTH
Ilan

ray645

Re: Need Help Please!

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:38 pm

ghecko wrote:I am going to be going to a Nature reserve over December and I am first of all unsure of what film to use? Secondly when I use my 75-300mm lens to its maximum zoom in the day, do I need a tripod to get clear shots or will hand held be fine? My problem is that I will be in the car most of the day, I have seen these bush bags which you place on the window but do they work?

Please excuse, I am still in the early days of studying and would like to achieve some beautiful photo's to show you all :D

If you can keep your shutter speeds up over 250 you could hand hold, but I would use a tripod or at least a monopod, and as for film I use mostly Fuji films like Superia and have been very happy, I would bring a few speeds 100 if your shooting with plenty of light or using a tripod also some 400 and even a couple rolls of 800 just be carefull to keep track of what your using

Film is cheap its better to have to much than run out, I will keep an eye out for your photos

have a great time
Ray

ghecko

Thank you

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:12 pm

Thank you so much for all your advise :)

I am leaving in a few days, cant wait :D

Will post my pics as soon as I've had them developed :!:

G :wink:

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Need Help Please!