Board index Equipment Film Cameras Old camera collecting dust!

Film Cameras

Old camera collecting dust!

eos30me

Old camera collecting dust!

Post Sat May 13, 2006 3:45 am

How many people out there have old cameras they have not used in years sitting in the closet. I have a couple of Ricoh SLR plus a Haminex point and shoot camera which used the 110 film. I cannot even remeber looking at the negatives after having them developed of the film that came in those plastic cases. There must be some amazing gear collecting dust around the world. I doubt my unused camera gear would be worth much ( I use canon slrs now both digital and film ) The number of camera being made each year is stagering. What is collecting dust at your place?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~meyssens/
http://www.pbase.com/eos30me

dang

Post Sat May 27, 2006 6:18 am

Not too many these days since I've gone mainly digital. The amazing thing is some of the old one's have become collecter items, and can fetch a pretty decent price. Others that you might think would be worth a good amount won't bring much at all. I think a lot depends on the build quality, & of course the number that were made.

The great thing about it tho', if you want to shoot film you can find some hard working gear very cheap these days. The bad news being if you have gear it has to be in like new shape (and I mean not the smallest blimish anywhere, including all boxes & accessories that came with it new) for it to bring a decent price. So selling is hard, but buying is great!

You can get a rough idea (if you downgrade by a couple of steps from what you'd normally think) by looking thru' http://www.keh.com, which is one of the larget used dealers around. There's a guy named Ken who works in sales who is great. I deal with them pretty regular since I'm only about 10 miles from them. No.. I'm not on commision! But I get anything used from them when I'm looking for personal gear.

About the only camera that's sitting right now that I have, is my old Voightlander I've had for years. I still might have it gone thru' and shoot with it later on (if I get time to start shooting a lot again). I guess on second thought, most eveything is getting a little dusty around here at the moment! :(

Great thread tho', hope more begin to post to it.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:49 pm

If you have old cameras sitting around collecting dust, you should photograph them and send the photos to me at cameras@pbase.com :)

I want to add them to the camera database at http://www.pbase.com/cameras
You'll be credited with a link back to your galleries.

As for cameras I have. I have my dad's Nikon SP 35mm rangefinder.
He told me to sell it and split the cash with him, but I think it's too cool to sell.
I also have tons of other cameras because I went on an eBay binge a couple years ago in order to have cameras to photograph for the database.

-slug

dang

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 am

A friend sent me this in the mail to add to my collection. I have no Idea what brand it might be, but the filter with it is marked : "Enteco made in the USA". I was surprised to find it works. So I made a quick gallery, and hope someone can name it.
http://www.pbase.com/dang/image/62697176/original

wau

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:44 am

Dang, that looks like an Argus AF to me.

dang

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks eos30me,
I just found it on the web and came to post, and it seems to be an Argus "A" with Argus IRC shutter & f4.5 Anastigmat lens. If I remove the filter from the front of the lens, it doesn't say tho'. But it's pretty definate I think. Here's a link:
http://www.vintagephoto.tv/argusa.shtml
I'll add a few more shots, I didn't add one showing the lens without the filter from the front. :oops:
Thanks

EDIT: After searching the "AF" You're correct. It can be focused at all distances instead of only 2 steps, which is the difference. Great eye to spot that! :) So it's a bit more rare.

jim_panzee

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:48 am

I like most, have a few old Cameras, but not gathering dust. I try to keep them clean and in working order, even if I don't run a film through them for a long time, I will still turn them over and fire the shutter every once in a while. If you have removable batteries in them its best to take these out if you are not planning to use it for a long time.

But some of the better film cameras are fetching amazing prices at the moment and still going up. I have been searching for a Nikon F3 in good used condition (I don't mind a few scratch marks) for about a year now, but sellers are asking stupid prices for this particular model. :(

JimP.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

dang

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:07 pm

Jim, you might look on KEH.com to find one. They have most models of them, with & without motordrives most times. :wink:
Thanks!

azerivista

old

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Old cameras are so great. They really do take different kinds of pictures then the new ones.
Keep it and have fun with it!!
Anna23@natureday.com

eos30me

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:15 am

I am surprised to hear that some old cameras values are going up. I don't think mine are, I have a Ricoh XR-10 and Ricoh KR10M, I don't think the prices of these two have started to rise yet, they are still free falling.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~meyssens/

wau

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:38 am

(message deleted)
Last edited by wau on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chemicalbrophoto

Does anyone have a Argus C3 Camera in working order

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:29 am

Does anyone have a
Argus C3 Camera in working order.
I would love to buy it of anyone who has one of these old vintage cameras
American.

I am from Australia
ASP
Reply back to: twine6@hotmail.com
if anyone has one
thank u
Mark
I just love old vintage cameras. I would love to take photos with them. As i have never tired one myself. It will be the best ever
thanks 8)

pziasd

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:04 pm

I have a old Canon A2 in the closet in its original box with all the paperwork and accessories. I took it to the local Canon repair center in Houston for a check up and cleaning...I shot two rolls of film not long after than and I'd forgotten how great this little camera is...I still use it...not regularly because I have an EOS 3 and a 10D. It is a great backup camera....

dlynch

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:03 pm

jim_panzee wrote:I like most, have a few old Cameras, but not gathering dust. I try to keep them clean and in working order, even if I don't run a film through them for a long time, I will still turn them over and fire the shutter every once in a while. If you have removable batteries in them its best to take these out if you are not planning to use it for a long time.

But some of the better film cameras are fetching amazing prices at the moment and still going up. I have been searching for a Nikon F3 in good used condition (I don't mind a few scratch marks) for about a year now, but sellers are asking stupid prices for this particular model. :(

JimP.

Henry's in Toronto had one on the internet when I last looked. (F3, high eyepoint) don't have a link.
Used to have one with a motor drive, and sold it.

Regards,
Dave

amarkin

Re: Does anyone have a Argus C3 Camera in working order

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:05 am

chemicalbrophoto wrote:Does anyone have a
Argus C3 Camera in working order.
I would love to buy it of anyone who has one of these old vintage cameras
American.

I am from Australia
ASP
Reply back to: twine6@hotmail.com
if anyone has one
thank u
Mark
I just love old vintage cameras. I would love to take photos with them. As i have never tired one myself. It will be the best ever
thanks 8)

I have 3 soviet cameras two Zorki-4 and one FED-5B arriving later this week. Will you be interested? :)

These are Leica clones accepting M39 lenses.
I live in Adelaide.

Next

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Old camera collecting dust!