Board index Equipment Film Cameras help with stuck Minolta X-700

Film Cameras

help with stuck Minolta X-700

johnmcmenamin

help with stuck Minolta X-700

Post Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:31 pm

I have a Minlota X-700 camera that just gave me a problem: it won't wind and, as a result, won't snap a picture. I replaced the battery and the same thing is occurring. When I look through the viewfinder, I see a flashing red arrow at the bottom and it's pointing towards a flashing red star.
Can anyone offer advice to fix this? Thanks, JOHN

dang

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:42 pm

John, I'd do a google for an online camera manual to look through if you don't have your original one. If you have arrows flashing inside, it sounds like the exposure may not be within proper range and the camera refuses to fire. Try changing your f-stop, & shutter speed and be sure you have the proper ISO settings. Try removing the lens, and be sure it's locked in place and other general things. I'm not familiar with the X-700 so I can't give you anything too specific, sorry. Maybe someone who owns this model will have better advice. Good luck.

shawn123

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:47 am

I had the same problem with my X-700. There is a capacitor that goes bad after a few years. You'll need to replace this before the camera will fire. If you look online there are several people selling repairs manuals and on ebay there are people who sell the kit to do the repair. I had mine serviced at an authorized Minolta repair shop. Also, if you are on program mode "P" and try to fire the camera with the lens cap on, this can lock-up the camera.... Great camera, I have 2 of them. Definetly worth the cost to repair. :lol:

Board index Equipment Film Cameras help with stuck Minolta X-700