Board index Equipment Film Cameras Kodak to stop selling traditional cameras in U.S.

Film Cameras

Kodak to stop selling traditional cameras in U.S.

george_iii

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:26 am

castledude

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:17 am

Here is something interesting I just ran across on another site:

Digital is often less expensive than film, especially on jobs with many shots and/or variations. Digital photography also saves the cost of scanning. For California based clients who otherwise might have to pay sales tax, we can download the images directly into your computer or hard drive and save you the cost of California sales tax on the entire job if you shoot digitally

I guess this is because California does not tax labor.

By the way the site is http://studiomark.com/ he has some great pictures on it.

bobtrips

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:28 am

I suspect that it's because the company is operating outside California. Seems like I paid sales tax on labor the last time I had my truck worked on.

I can usually buy things that aren't too heavy over the net and pay less for shipping than I would in taxes.

castledude

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:45 am

Nope it's based in Ca. Labor in Ca is not taxable (of course being a tax law there are exclusions). Thank goodness or it would increase the cost of lap dances :lol:

jseah

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:44 am

bobtrips wrote:I can usually buy things that aren't too heavy over the net and pay less for shipping than I would in taxes.

Well, NY has taken the first step in closing this little loophole. Beginning with the 2003 personal income tax return, NY state residents are required to disclose all out of state purchases and pay NY state sales tax on those purchases with their income taxes.

An alternative to the cumbersome task of tracking all of your purchases is to pay an additional statutory tax amount based on your income.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Kodak to stop selling traditional cameras in U.S.