Board index Equipment Film Cameras Where can I get a new Pentax MZ-S?

Film Cameras

Where can I get a new Pentax MZ-S?

daver06

Where can I get a new Pentax MZ-S?

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:10 am

:D I'm new to pbase, having visited from time to time. I use only Pentax gear. I recently bought a significantly used MZ-S from the US via ebay, fell in love with the model and am now on the lookout for a new one. My web searches have come to nought as Pentax ceased production about 3 years ago, even though many US sites still list them.

Does anyone know where I might source a new one or one that's had minimal use?

Thanks.

wau

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:35 am

Try http://www.keh.com. Good luck.

daver06

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:21 am

Thanks wau. They have 3 second hand ones, I'm hoping for new or a very near new one if possible.

daver06

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 am

:D :D I have a new body coming from Western Australia - virtually my own backyard! A member on this forum contacted me who had one that hadn't even had batteries in it, we agreed on a price we were both happy with and it should be on it's way soon.

Have heard many positive comments about KEH and have ordered a Timer Switch TS-110.

Thanks for your input wau

wau

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Glad to hear that you found a good copy closer to where you are. Whether you have a large investment in Pentax glass, or just a few favorites among their exceptional lenses, it is worth it to get a high end body to match and use for the long term.

frith

pentax mz-s

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:04 pm

Hi Dave,
I bought a brand new Pentax MZ-S with 35-80 lens about three weeks ago - it was the display model and last one in the shop. I may sell it as I cannot really afford to keep right now, much as I would love to have it.
Please email me at frithaandmike@hotmail.com if you would like to discuss purchasing it. (I am in Canada.)
Cheers.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Where can I get a new Pentax MZ-S?