Board index Equipment Film Cameras Pentax K1000 - what's a fair price?

Film Cameras

Pentax K1000 - what's a fair price?

shakleton

Pentax K1000 - what's a fair price?

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:15 am

I have a Pentax K1000 with the original 50 mm lens as well as three other lenses and a flash. I really have no use for it (haven't used it in years - and yes, I did remove the battery from it before I put it to bed a while back).

I am trying to figure out what is a fair price to ask to sell it - figuring I'll post an ad at the local Art/Film school ...

wau

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:50 am

It seems like most of the K1000's now go for less than $100 (with the normal lens) on eBay, unless they are in top condition and fully functional. I'd check yours with a new battery (about $1.50) to see if the meter still works, since a lot of these meters fail with age. Knowing that the meter still works properly would help the sale, since many are being sold with nonfunctional meters.

The value of the package could be higher if the accessory lenses and flash are Pentax also, or if the lenses are from one of the more favored third-party brands (e.g. Kiron, Vivitar Series 1).

For perspective, note that the new low-end Pentax DSLRs can be had for about $500 with the basic kit lens.

gordon_l34

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:49 am

i WOULD BE INTERESTED AND WHAT ARE THE LENSES? gORDON.

georgek

pentax k

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:19 pm

KEH Cameras in Atlanta, Georgia, will give you a fair price. I bought a couple of medium format lenses from them a few years back and sold them back to them for a decent price. You can find them on the internet.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Pentax K1000 - what's a fair price?