Board index Equipment Film Cameras trouble with me cheapo fish eye

Film Cameras

trouble with me cheapo fish eye

brandy9976

trouble with me cheapo fish eye

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:50 pm

I am relatively new to film photography, but I really like it..So I started buying accesories here and there to see what kind of things I could do..in my findings I got a really cheap macro fish eye lens off of ebay for like 30.00. ANyway every time I take a picture with it, there is a shadow in the bottom center of the picture..I first thought it was me, but now I think it is the lens itself casting the shadow..besides setting up lighting, does any one have any ideas on how to get rid of it? here is an example

IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h166/BrandyME/22_23.jpg[/IMG]

wau

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:11 am

It could be that the lens + fisheye attachment is obstructing the on-board flash. How do the photos come out when flash is not used?

brandy9976

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:43 am

The thing is. if I don't use the flash my camera won't focus with the fish eye..Maybe because it is a macro too? I don't know..Maybe I will try without the flash and just make sure that the subject is well lit?? Thanks

jdepould

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:02 pm

macro + fisheye generally don't go together . . . and yes, the lens is obstructing the flash. more info on camera type would help. if it's a point & shoot then there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

brandy9976

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 pm

the camera is a canon rebel KS

Board index Equipment Film Cameras trouble with me cheapo fish eye