Board index Equipment Film Cameras Hawkeye Camera

Film Cameras

Hawkeye Camera

sparkles_522

Hawkeye Camera

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 am

I just bought a really old Kodak Flashfun Hawkeye camera and I am not sure how to load the film? If anyone know can you please tell me!

rsbfotos

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:51 am

You might get just as quick a response if you post the question here in the "Film Cameras" Forum.

http://forum.pbase.com/viewforum.php?f=11

cheers -- 10kzoomfz

wau

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:47 am

I'm sort of guessing, but if it's like most cameras of its era, you'd do this:

1) Remove the back cover of the camera.
2) Put an empty roll film spool ("127" size) on the side of the chamber with the wind knob. This is the "takeup" spool.
3) Put the 127 roll film on the other spindle. It should be placed so that it can unroll over the film plane, with the black side of the backing material facing towards the back of the camera's lens.
4) Unroll the backing/leader, enough to thread the tip of it into the takeup spool.
5) Wind the takeup knob a few turns, enough to get a good hold of the leader.
6) Replace the camera back.
7) Wind on until you see a "1" in the red window on the back of the camera. Now you're ready to take the first shot.
8) With most of these cameras, you have to wind to the next exposure after taking the shot. Some of these cameras lacked double exposure prevention (not sure about yours).
9) After the last exposure (I think it's 12 for this model), keep winding until the backing rolls up onto the takeup spool (you'll see it disappear from the red window). Then, remove the camera back. There should be a seal for securing the rolled up backing on the takeup spool.

You can take this in for processing at a lab, but if you do, ask for the spool back after processing (since they, and 127 film in general, are rather hard to find).

jseiff

Congratulations!

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:44 am

Congratulations on your purchase. Not that I can help you with your question; the last time I loaded up a Hawkeye was in the 60s.

But I am faithful to my Pentax K1000 and have only grudgingly subscribed to the 'advantages' of the digital 'revolution.'

More power to you!

--Jon.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Hawkeye Camera