Board index Equipment Film Cameras Macro lense for Minolta X9

Film Cameras

Macro lense for Minolta X9

soonerfan

Macro lense for Minolta X9

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:26 am

I need to shoot some up-close photos with my X-9 but I am not sure what lense I need to buy. Any suggestions?

wolfeye

Re: Macro lense for Minolta X9

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm

soonerfan wrote:I need to shoot some up-close photos with my X-9 but I am not sure what lense I need to buy. Any suggestions?

I use a Vivitar Series-1 100mm f3.5 macro lens with my Minolta gear. The lens only allows 1:2 magnification but comes with a matched close up filter that you can screw on and get 1:1 for 35mm. They might even still be in production... yep. From "Phoenix" now, but it's the same lens. Cheaply built, but it does the job.

Link to one:

http://www.adorama.com/SY100MN.html?searchinfo=vivitar%20100mm%20minolta&item_no=2

dang

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:04 am

Most companies make macro lenses, including Minolta. If you want to save a few bucks, there's plenty of after market lenses available. Just be sure to find one that works on full frame and not made for digital bodies only.

It would be helpful in knowing the type things you want to shoot though, since you might get by using extension tubes instead. And a price range you're willing to spend also, since that's going to be a large factor in what people will suggest. :wink:

jhuddle

Post Wed May 09, 2007 12:50 pm

Hit ebay and pick up a bellow setup. Ad a 50mm lens to that and you've got a nice combo for macro work at a cheap price.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Macro lense for Minolta X9