Board index Equipment Film Cameras What went wrong here? C-41 gurus help!

Film Cameras

What went wrong here? C-41 gurus help!

wolfeye

What went wrong here? C-41 gurus help!

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:05 pm

I recently had some pictures come back looking VERY weird. Most of the roll showed up like this:

The developers say they believe the roll got wet or frozen or something, but I don't believe that was the case. My recollection is that this roll was exposed to no extreme conditions.

Anyone know for sure what causes output like this? It is slightly possible the roll could have gone through a washing machine, but I don't think it did. Grasping at straws here.[/url]

nsoler

Re: What went wrong here? C-41 gurus help!

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:28 am

Whoa!!! A film processing lab that doesn't give a crap about your prints??? Check out the negatives see waht they look like perhaps the shot can be salvaged, have the negative scanned (Negative Film) on a PC using a either a flatbed scanner or dedicated film scanner to see what's the deal if the negative shows the same anomilly then I would chalk it up to washing machine.

Cheers,

P.S. I've never seen anything like this, eliminating the obvious here.

wolfeye wrote:I recently had some pictures come back looking VERY weird. Most of the roll showed up like this:

The developers say they believe the roll got wet or frozen or something, but I don't believe that was the case. My recollection is that this roll was exposed to no extreme conditions.

Anyone know for sure what causes output like this? It is slightly possible the roll could have gone through a washing machine, but I don't think it did. Grasping at straws here.[/url]

alexphotos

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:54 pm

I am thinking that this is a cross process, that your c-41 go process in a E6
Alexandre Trudeau-Dion aka ALEXPHOTOS http://www.pbase.com/alexphotos <=== http://www.Alexphotos.ca

wolfeye

Not E-6

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Nope, not E-6 processed. These pictures are from a CVS Pharmacy and they don't even do E-6.

wolfeye

Mystery Solved

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Well, I showed the image to Kodak and they knew instantly what had happened. Insufficient bleaching during the development process - but of course the CVS Pharmacy guy hadn't enough training to recognize this and blamed it on customer (me) faulty film handling.

I took that information to my local camera store and they were able to rebleach, refix, and rewash the negatives and everything looks great now. My local camera store has really stood out. If you ever have something like this happen please give the guys at Photo Pro a call. They do good work:

http://www.photoproonline.com/

adz929

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:10 am

I'd never trust a Pharmacy to develop my film.
adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

Pixel peepers...bah, humbug!

Board index Equipment Film Cameras What went wrong here? C-41 gurus help!