Board index Equipment Film Cameras Film advance arm jammed on a Canon AE-1

Film Cameras

Film advance arm jammed on a Canon AE-1

smhawkins

Film advance arm jammed on a Canon AE-1

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:14 am

Quick question.... my son wants to use my old camera for a photography class and we are having trouble with advancing film and the shotter release. New batteries are in, camera body is in great shape, but we are stumped by the fact that the film advance arm will not move and the shotter release will depress, but nothing happens.

Any ideas would be appreciated- Thanks-

S. H.

seeker741

Try a couple of these ideas

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 am

I have canon A-1 and if I remeber some times the lense would not be just right and shutter would hang I would take lense off and shutter would fire. The other thing to try would be push the film release button on bottom the one that allows you to rewind might just be hung up since it needs exercise. The foam didn't turn to sticky gluey stuff from sitting could hang mirror, just some thoughts not an expert, just learned to fix other peoples computers by making my own mistakes and fixing them, same with my camera over the years. As last resort I found place on web that repairs cameras I think in NJ. not bad price to replace the CDS metter in Canon F-1 I bought recently!

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Film advance arm jammed on a Canon AE-1