Board index Equipment Film Cameras First shots with the voigtlander Bessa R3A

Film Cameras

First shots with the voigtlander Bessa R3A

nickdemarco

First shots with the voigtlander Bessa R3A

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:39 am

I part exchanged my R2 for an R3A and ran a couple of films through it. Obviosuly not a diffiuclt camera to use (especially if you have used the R2), and I like it. But it is the first time I have taken slide feel. I was quite pleased with the results of the slide film - good strong colours, exposures OK. The other film I tried for the first time was NeoPan 1600. Of the 36 exposured I could ony get away with displaying 3 photos. Many shots were overexposed. I don't know if this was my fault of the lab's development, but compared to the results I get from NeoPan 40 on other cameras this was not good.

Here is the gallery anyway - and if anyone is not sure i would strongly recommend the R3A (or indeed R2 or R2a). They are all very nice cameras and you can put the best leica M lenses on them or buy some very nice Voigtlander lenses for less money.

http://www.pbase.com/nickdemarco/voigtlander_bessa_r3a

nickdemarco

Post Thu May 03, 2007 10:46 pm

Now I have just tried it with my new voigtlander 15mm super wide lens, which i bought for the R3A.

New gallery up: http://www.pbase.com/nickdemarco/15mm_ultrawide

I like the fact the 15mm is small and light, and that you don't need to focus. i was impressed that nearly all (infact I think all) 36 exposures were correctly exposed - something I was worried about given the angle of field of the lens compared to the meter in the R3A. Generaly the sharpness/quality was very good. However, the viggnetting was about the worst I have ever seen. I have had to cut big portions out fo the frames to get rid of ugly black corners. Is this a common feature or do i have a bad copy?

Board index Equipment Film Cameras First shots with the voigtlander Bessa R3A