Board index Equipment Film Cameras Anybody using a film camera around here?

Film Cameras

Anybody using a film camera around here?

effisk

Anybody using a film camera around here?

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:56 am

looks like film is dead...

www.french.tk

roxics

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:34 pm

I'm using a film camera. My film SLR is still a lot cheaper for me then a digital SLR since I already own it and don't shoot a ton of photos with it.

I discovered that you can take your film to Walmart and they will process each roll of print film for something like $1.75 and they they will scan them to CD for $3.99. You can fit 4 rolls on 1 CD.

Since I usually look at and play around with all my photos in the computer this has virtually turned my film SLR into a digital camera for me since I never get prints. The scans are 2 megapixel plus there is a folder with a 700x500 pixel set. Those I usually upload to pbase. So it's kind of handy I don't have to resize them either.

Overall the scans don't have any dust and turn out pretty well. Granted we all know Walmart doesn't do the best work but it's nice to have a cheap option. It really has made shooting film an option for me again. that is until I can afford a digital SLR. :) And a do still shot a lot with my digital p&s camera.

aerodread

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:37 pm

hey,

I use Pentax ME, and Ricoh KR-10 camera's.
much better than my Canon powershot A10 cam... duh!

Lenses i use are:
28mm
50mm
70-210mm
200mm
500mm

and some macro and tele converters.
now and then i add a filter to the lens for special effects like soft focus and stuff.

if i had money i'd probaply buy a digital SLR. but i'm still waiting for pentax to come up with a digital SLR... so i can use my lenses on it.

roxics

Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:25 am

Pentax new digital SLR should be out this fall I think.

aerodread

Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:52 pm

wow!!! that's great news!

i hope it will be compatible with M lenses.
do you know where i can get more info on it?

roxics

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:10 am

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0302/03022 ... axistd.asp

Rumor has it street price will be just above a $1000 US and possibly lower.

Compatible lenses are K, Ka, Kaf and Kaf2 mount lenses, screw mount lenses, 645, and 67 series lenses with the need of a required adapter.

aerodread

Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:35 pm

damn... this is the best news i've heard in about 5 years.. :D

it's just a matter of time now... it probaply takes a year before it's available in europe. So analog for now.. :D

thanx for the great news!

framewerkz

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:10 am

Currently shooting about half and half. Main weapon of choice is a digital SLR but I've been using a crappy Lomo (Russian army thing) a lot lately, as well as an APS back with a wide angle lens to exaggerate that whole cinematographic frame.

arachnophilia

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:59 am

i use a nikon fm2/n, with a nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens most of the time.

working on getting a decent nikon system together. i'm going the other way. lol.

mattbaobao

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:12 pm

One of my film cameras is called Seagull 4A-107. It doesn't even require any batteries. I don't have any digicams yet.

ilford

me too

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:39 pm

Hey,

I am new in pbase. I use a sears ks2 (=ricoh xr-7) and am quite pleased with it. I have not uploaded any pictures yet, but I plan to do so shortly. I do plan to purchase a digital, since I think in many situations a digital may be more useful than an analog camera.

anneb74

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:05 pm

I'm still usig film cameras. It depends on what I'm shooting as to which system I use...digital or film. IMO film produces better colors for landscapes. My film cameras are Canon EOS A2E and Hasselblad C.

jimh2

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:35 pm

I just bought an Epson 3200 scanner for less than $400. At 3200 DPI, I can scan a 35mm negative at the equivalent of a 13MB camera that costs about $10,000. Cost wise, I'm not going to throw away my 35mm film camera yet.

arachnophilia

Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:02 am

mattbaobao wrote:It doesn't even require any batteries.

i pride myself on having the most advanced fully manual and mechanical nikon slr. my batteries only work the light meter and tell the flash i don't ever use when to go off.

bobrabbite

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:51 pm

At the moment I shoot both film (mostly) and digital. Film still has qualities I don't see surpassed (yet) by digital technology. Digital cameras still have a feeling of (very) planned obsolescence about them. My Nikons were designed and engineered to take up to 150,000 pics, I think the shutter on my Olympus E10 was designed for 15,000 cycles or thereabouts....

Next

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Anybody using a film camera around here?