Board index Equipment Film Cameras 28mm Lens for Canon A1??

Film Cameras

28mm Lens for Canon A1??

nicka1

28mm Lens for Canon A1??

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:14 am

Hello everyone! I'm a new member to this forum but it looks as if it is the place to be.

I recently purchased a Canon A1. It takes beautiful pictures with the stock 50mm lens, and the the 70-210mm lens that came with it does wonders too. But I've been told by a few people that the 28mm lens has a certian appeal to it, and from the pictures I've seen on the net, I would agree.

I've heard of Canon lenses, and Vivitar lenses. I'm trying to find more information on the others (Tameron, Tokina, etc) that are out there, but I think I'm looking in all the wrong places. I'm looking for other brands that compare to Canon & Vivitar, and I'm looking for price comparisons. (Poor college students have to be price concious at all times).

B&H listed a Canon FD 28mm lens for $269. I payed less than that for my Canon A1, the 50mm lens and the 70-210mm lens that came with it. Is $269 a reasonable price for a 28mm lens?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

wolfeye

Re: 28mm Lens for Canon A1??

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:08 pm

nicka1 wrote:Hello everyone! I'm a new member to this forum but it looks as if it is the place to be.

<snip>

B&H listed a Canon FD 28mm lens for $269. I payed less than that for my Canon A1, the 50mm lens and the 70-210mm lens that came with it. Is $269 a reasonable price for a 28mm lens?

I don't think you're looking at a Canon FD 28mm lens for that kind of money. More likely an EOS lens which won't work on an A-1. 28mm lenses are cheap and plentiful from many brands. I just saw one today at our local store, a Vivitar, Canon FD mount, $20.

nicka1

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:29 am

wolfeye wrote:I don't think you're looking at a Canon FD 28mm lens for that kind of money. More likely an EOS lens which won't work on an A-1. 28mm lenses are cheap and plentiful from many brands. I just saw one today at our local store, a Vivitar, Canon FD mount, $20.

I didn't think $200+ was a reasonable price for an FD lens, but again, I'm a bit new to this. Thank you!
I think I will be looking into Vivitar and Canon lenses to purchase.

tel

Canon Lens

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:03 pm

loads of suitable lenses on ebay. What you need is a canon FD mount lens,, several non-marque lenses will do the job, but the Canon is the best. expect to pay around £30 ( 60USD) . Cheers, Tel.

prinothcat

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:03 pm

nicka1 wrote:B&H listed a Canon FD 28mm lens for $269. I payed less than that for my Canon A1, the 50mm lens and the 70-210mm lens that came with it. Is $269 a reasonable price for a 28mm lens?

Late into this one, but if that 28mm is the FD 2.8 (or is it 2.0..?) it is likely worth what they ask because they are fast and accurate... It was a flagship lens for it's time. Look at Adorama's used listings, they have one for about the same price. The cheaper 28's are 4.0's and slower.

If you're still interested check out...
http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/

mikoyen

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:15 pm

I think it is too expensive. Me I have a very good equipment in Canon FD and I paid for my FD28 Canon around $100.00. And I have also a Vivitar FD28, I got it with a Canon AE-1 for $100.00. Check on lespac.com and kijii under photography, you have incredible deal on them.
Guy

Board index Equipment Film Cameras 28mm Lens for Canon A1??