Board index Equipment Film Cameras Pentax ME Super will not advance!!

Film Cameras

Pentax ME Super will not advance!!

chuckwagon101

Pentax ME Super will not advance!!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:38 pm

I had just taken a roll of film with my Pentax Super ME, got to the end of the film and it would not advance...ok....pressed the rewind button......wound the film....put film in for processing.

I then bought more film. When I tried to advance the film, the lever will not advance. I cannot see anything through the viewfinder.

Is there some maueuver to get the lever so that it will adavance?

HELP! Any help appreciated!!

Chuckwagon

jestev

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:53 pm

Just spit ballin' here, but if you can't see through the viewfinder and can't advance the film, the shutter is probably up. Maybe the battery has died and the shutter is locked up or something. Try removing the battery and seeing if it works then and/or try getting a new battery.
John Stevenson
http://www.pbase.com/jestev
Nikon N70, N6006; D300, D50
Lenses (of 20): Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF, Tokina AT-X 12-24 f/4 AF PRO, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 AI
Canon S1 IS
Minolta XG-7

todd_port

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:07 pm

My ME Super has a similar problem. As I am prone to do, I took it apart, poked around, applied some lighter fluid. It worked for a while, then froze up again. I have numerous SLR's around that don't work (great bargins??). Some I have been lucky enough to fix mainly by putting in new light seals. There is really no substitute for professional service. More than likely, any 25 year old camera will need it.

This web site has some information ME Super problems.

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/pentaxmeproblems.html

Todd

llung

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:09 am

jestev wrote:Just spit ballin' here, but if you can't see through the viewfinder and can't advance the film, the shutter is probably up. Maybe the battery has died and the shutter is locked up or something. Try removing the battery and seeing if it works then and/or try getting a new battery.

Yes, likely the battery. I believe there is a manual shutter setting at 1/60 or 1/125.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Pentax ME Super will not advance!!