Board index Equipment Film Cameras New Here. Could Use Help Or Advice.

Film Cameras

New Here. Could Use Help Or Advice.

dnmeboy

New Here. Could Use Help Or Advice.

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Ok first of all. My name is Joe. I found this forum doing a search on this camera.

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/miranda/auto_sensorex_ee

I have one and I would like to learn how to use it. I also have some telephoto lenses and zoom lenses. Most are Soligor. Some are Miranda ( the smaller ones ) And One is by Vivitar.

I am goin to post some photos of everything for you all to look and and let me know pretty much what things are if you will. I apologize for the quality of these picture. They were taken with my pocket pc. I have always enjoyed taking photos but have never had the money for high end digital equipment.
What can I do with the equipment I have here?

I dont know if the camera works or not. Its seems like it will. But there is a glitch of sorts with the shutter, unless its supposed to act the way it does. I really dont know.

Here are the pictures.

Let me know what you all think. Do you think this stuff has any value?[/img]

I was also wondering if anyone know of any newer film cameras that may work with the lenses that I have. I have been looking around ebay but I dont know anything about film cameras for the most part.

Thanks in advance to whoever may respond to this thread. I appreciate any advice or help I can get.

wolfeye

Miranda cameras

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Miranda cameras were last made in the 1970's, so the camera is certainly verging on being an antique by today's standards. You can find a lot of information here:

http://www.mirandacamera.com/

Valuable? Define value. In dollars, maybe not so much, but in "owning a piece of camera history" they are nice to have. I be their dollar value will go up as they age, especially since there were relatively few Mirandas made compared to Canon, Nikon, et al.

jypsee

get some black and white film

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:05 pm

buy Kodak BW400CN (it can be processed at Walmart because it's a "color" black and white film); get a copy of a basic photography book (this one is a good place to start http://tinyurl.com/2ppyjy )
put the roll of film through the camera and then have it developed and printed (walmart will also scan your prints to a cd so you instantly have something to post to the web)

you will also want to have a look at the light seals on your cameras; open the back and look at the places where the back meets the body of the camera; if there is gummy or lumpy soft stuff in those grooves, then you need new light seals; you can do it yourself with a kit by a guy named "interslice" on ebay.
get a lens cleaning kit (fluid and a brush and some lens cleaning paper) and clean the lenses.

if you have a built in meter you might need to buy a battery to power it; if you don't have a meter built in, you will need a handheld lightmeter; sekonic L-208 is a good start or you can buy a used one.

all that you would ever need to know is explained in a WONDERFUL book by Henry Horenstein "Black and White Photography; A Basic Manual" or start with the simple book I mentioned earlier...

good luck!!

Board index Equipment Film Cameras New Here. Could Use Help Or Advice.