Board index Equipment Film Cameras Mamiya C33 TLR - Anyone else think outside the box?

Film Cameras

Mamiya C33 TLR - Anyone else think outside the box?

kbrat

Mamiya C33 TLR - Anyone else think outside the box?

Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:20 pm

Just wondering - anyone on this site shoot with a TLR? My camera is a Mamiya C33 Pro TLR. My subject matter is not necessarily "beautiful" (I tend to shoot a lot of 'dead' buildings and the more realistic side of life) and I'm trying to find a forum that will appreciate it. I am a member of Photo.net but 99% of the photogs on that site are into perfection and very rigid in their ideas of originality and aesthetics. I mean, how many shots of a perfectly focused orchid can one site handle? Sooooooo, anyone out there on PBase that thinks outside the box?

ray645

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:13 am

I use an old Rolliecord from time to time, love the 2 1/4x2 1/4 format although I have been shooting a bit more with a 645 lately (being able to change lenses and backs is nice)

Nice photo, I was hoping to find more than one

looking forward to seeing some more from you

kbrat

Thanks, Ray!

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:30 pm

Thanks for responding. I'm going to add more photos, but am still trying to figure out how to make them large enough to view. I looked at your galleries - Wow! I love your b&w shots. I hope you'll keep an eye on my gallery - I'm a beginner and could use your input. Any quick rules of thumb to posting images on this site?

jamesbogue

Thinking "outside the box" is a daily excercise

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:44 pm

Kbrat-
I also shoot with a Mamiya C330 TLR, and find that this type of camera makes you think critically about composition and thus forces you to think outside your typical thought process. I tend to shoot with different cameras, that all force me to think differently about photography everytime I pick it up. I find my best photography comes from using a camera I haven't picked up in awhile. This is a good excercise for me. If you are interested, you can check out my work at www.pbase.com/jamesbogue. All the square images are done on my Mamiya C330.

I also carry a Canon digital elph s400, everywhere I go. This also inspires me to look at things differently because I can freely explore ideas and save only those images that make me go "yeah baby". I later want to go and reshoot the same subjects with my Mamiya or my 4x5 to further explore the possibilites.

Your interests in shooting realistic subject matter is something I am alway interested in. I seem to be drawn to geometry, telephone lines, decaying structures, and other man-made designs that probably bore most floral-shooters. And that is not an insult to those who work on crafting the perfect flower shot, we all share in our love of making images no matter what style or preference. Personally I could consider shooting flowers if I could find an interesting way.

Great photos ray645 too!

ray645

Re: Thanks, Ray!

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:45 am

kbrat wrote: Any quick rules of thumb to posting images on this site?

I dont know much about proper posting for the web, I do know that you want fairly large (physical size) without being to big for most monitors, when you use the Ppase options of (small, medium, large) when viewing an image it really makes them look bad

look at a fairly large image here and use the "medium" size option under the photo and you will see what I mean

Maybe someone will post a better answer

thank you for looking through my photos

kbrat

Posted Images

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:19 pm

I posted a few more images - I haven't scanned many in, so this is all I've got for now.
They seem to load fine on my pc, but I'm curious how they did on someone elses.
Thanks for the input, guys!

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Mamiya C33 TLR - Anyone else think outside the box?