Board index Equipment Film Cameras mamiya

Film Cameras

mamiya

jsphotography

mamiya

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:22 pm

i am looking to buy a mamiya medium format very soon but i cant make up my mind between the the 645 pro tl and the rb67 pro i will mainly be shooting indoor modeling, weddings and so on, i allready use a eos 5D and a 1V but i want to have a medium format to get some very large high quality reproductions
which would be the best one for the job

HELP!

wolfeye

Re: mamiya

Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Go with the rb67 pro. The 645 is nice, but the larger 6x7 negs will make a difference for what you're wanting to do.

stevep

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:36 pm

jsphotography wrote:i am looking to buy a mamiya medium format very soon but i cant make up my mind between the the 645 pro tl and the rb67 pro i will mainly be shooting indoor modeling, weddings and so on, i allready use a eos 5D and a 1V but i want to have a medium format to get some very large high quality reproductions

HELP!

plus I believe the 645 format is vertical, and it is awkward to hold the camera horizonal. with the rb, you just rotate the back. plus, the used market for good rb gear is huge. as said before, the larger negative is nice esp for those with a darkroom.
hth.
steve.

charles_hess

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 pm

While I agree that the RB would probably suit you better, the 645 is not in the vertical format. It's the same as a giant 35mm, having to tilt the camera for your vertical shots. The Pro TL, with flash bracket and Metz flash, is a formidable wedding set-up, though. Tough decision.

markland

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:16 am

jsphotography wrote:i am looking to buy a mamiya medium format very soon but i cant make up my mind between the the 645 pro tl and the rb67 pro i will mainly be shooting indoor modeling, weddings and so on, i allready use a eos 5D and a 1V but i want to have a medium format to get some very large high quality reproductions
HELP!

So by now you've probably picked something up. Just in case...I own a Pro TL and a 7II, both are great up to 16x20 but the 6x7 is noticable in larger prints.
-Mark
Born again, digitally.

tcr_1553

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:58 am

I have a Rz67 with a 90mm, 180mm, three film backs with a polaroid back, a prisim finder w/light meter, a film advance motor and some b/w filters with a hard case. I swithched to digital 4 years ago because I started shooting more sports and a RZ is not a camera to be carring around for any amount of time. I have no idea of what the system is worth but if you are interested let me know and maybe we can work something out. You can contact me at tcrphoto@insightbb.com.

Travis Richardson

Board index Equipment Film Cameras mamiya