Board index Equipment Film Cameras Dark rooms

Film Cameras

Dark rooms

Posts: 1

Dark rooms

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:20 am

In my school, next year i'll be taking photography and i'll be missing school. I don\t know what is dark room and how do you use them to edit photos.. (In New Zealand) I also really need advice on using film cameras!
Thank u!

Posts: 96

Re: Dark rooms

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm

A darkroom is where you use an enlarger to make prints. Film and photographic paper are light-sensitive, meaning that any long exposure to light turns them completely black. A controlled exposure to light, like when your camera's shutter opens up and lets light reach the film, only darkens certain areas of the film - the image will have dark and light areas. Special chemicals called developers make the darkened areas dark enough to be seen, and when just the right amount are darkened, another chemical, stop bath, shuts off the developer. The final chemical, fixer, makes the film or paper no longer sensitive to light. It makes the image permanent.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Dark rooms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest