Board index Equipment Film Cameras strobe photography

Film Cameras

strobe photography

pattewi

strobe photography

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:45 am

I have been working with black and white but I have recently gotten into strobe photography. so far my first run of pice came out blury but I got the desired affect. any one know how to clean up movement with a strobe> :roll:

ray645

Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Use a faster shutter speed (whats the camera and sync speed?) Are you using natural light with the strobe? (Fill flash)

Anyway once you get the strobe set as the main source of light the shutter speed in effent becomes as fast as your strobe (my little 283 is 1/10000th of a second)

give use some more info and you should get a better answer

sorry I could not be of more help

http://www.pbase.com/image/28396006.jpg

jefferey

Post Sun May 02, 2004 7:06 am

Safe answer:

Shoot at 1/60.

slightly longer: look at your camera. is there a colored number on your dial? 60 or 125? that is the fastest you can shoot with strobe. try to use it.
Advanced SLR? pop up your flash. What speed did your camera just switch to? thats your fastest sync speed. use it.

blah blah blah

pattewi

strobe photography

Post Tue May 04, 2004 2:43 am

I was usung a contax camers with the shutter speed at 1/30. Since the strobe wasnt too bright I made the shutter speed slower but the film I used was ISO 400. I thought I should use faster B&W film or a more brighter strobe light the affect would be better. But if I sped up the shutter to 1/60 with the same amount of light wouldn't the picture be too dark? :shock:

paulsilkphotography

Post Sat May 08, 2004 5:00 pm

Shutter speed has no effect on the exposure of flash just the ambiant light..set your shutter speed to its sync speed 1/60 or 1/125 it should be in your camera manual..then if you wish to alter the effect flash has on the image alter the aperture setting..set a larger aperture (smaller number) to make the image brighter, these presumes working in manual setting, if not and using on camera flash use flash exposure compensation if your camera has it.

crafty
http://www.pbase.com/craftysnapper

Board index Equipment Film Cameras strobe photography