Film Cameras

Nikon F100 compansation problem

amit_m

Nikon F100 compansation problem

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:57 am

Hi there,

Does anyone know about this problem ??:shock:

When the camera is set to manual meter and i try to compansate
For + or - view finder i shows the oposit side (for + it goes to the right and vice versa).

Is it make sence to use compensate with manual meter ??

Thanks
Amit

ray645

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:29 pm

Its is showing you the amount of under/over exposure you have dialed in, but I dont see much use for exposure comp in manual I would just change shutter or aperture if needed (1 button vs. 2)

Now in program, aperture or shutter priority its just great to be able to tweak the setting with exposure comp (just dont forget to change it back when you move to a "normal" lighting situation)

BTW Great camera, my all time favorite

d2hpeter

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:13 am

ray645 wrote:Its is showing you the amount of under/over exposure you have dialed in, but I dont see much use for exposure comp in manual I would just change shutter or aperture if needed (1 button vs. 2)

Now in program, aperture or shutter priority its just great to be able to tweak the setting with exposure comp (just dont forget to change it back when you move to a "normal" lighting situation)

BTW Great camera, my all time favorite

given a choice, would you switch to digital or hold on to the F100? and why?
picture>thousandWords!

framewerkz

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:31 pm

I still have my trusty FM2. There's still a lot to be said for film.
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

ray645

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:57 am

My reasons may not be valid for you but if I could only have one camera it would be the F100 and a scanner (best of both worlds)

For me to get really good B&W prints I have to do it myself or send it out, with color I must send it out, so I figured if I have to wait and pay a little more anyway I might as well just use medium format and 120 film, I now use the D2h for most of my color (up to 11x16) and all action. A little less rez than a good 35mm film but having total control of the image from start to finish is very nice, and when I need max detail I will use the MF and some slow B&W films

I have a D2h and it continues to amaze me every day

given a choice, would you switch to digital or hold on to the F100? and why?[/quote]

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Nikon F100 compansation problem