Board index Equipment Film Cameras Canon EOS Elan 7N or 7NE

Film Cameras

Canon EOS Elan 7N or 7NE

snappingturtle

Canon EOS Elan 7N or 7NE

Post Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:46 pm

Hi,

Somehow in Canon's site, there is no classification between the Canon EOS Elan 7N or 7NE. Is there any difference between these two cameras? Which is better?

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/contro ... delid=9831

Hugh

decloedt

Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:08 am

The 7NE has eye controlled auto focus, and the 7N does not. Other than that, they are identical.

michael972

Why not purchase an Eos 3

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:00 am

I recentely purchased and Eos 3 and the 45pt autofocus is amazing. I have not been able to afford to process any film from it yet but hopefully soon.

ed1994

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:26 am

The eye assisted focusing technology was introduced with the EOS 5 (A2e in the US) back in late '92, and didn't make it into any of the EOS 1 series professional line (but it did into the newer EOS semi-pro line).

This should by itself tell you something about its usefulness :) I always thought it was a bit of a gimmick IMHO.

kayipchan

Elan 7E

Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:40 pm

I just bought a second hand elan 7E. The eye control is fun to try, but I won't count on it when I take pictures, beside, the auto focus in canon is very accurate in most situation already.

If u have the extra cash, go for the 7NE, it should has a higher value than the 7E when u sell it.

ed1994

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:09 pm

I just purchased a used EOS 30 (Euro naming of Elan 7E) - can anybody confirm/deny the following?

1) Back Cover is slightly wobbly (i.e. you can press it in and it squeaks and moves a fraction) - highly irritating at first!

2) Top shutter leaf (looking from film side) seems to have some grease/slight wear on the leaf edge.. small but noticeable

I can't return the camera now so any feedback appreciated. Other than that it seems a great addition to my 1n RS.

Cheers

jim_panzee

Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Firstly Ed. Have you taken any photos with yet, and are they OK.

pulp_depiction

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:04 am

I got an eBay used Elan 7 last October. I just tried myfilmback.
Slight, very, movement on the rhs (grip/shutter button side).
No marks on the shutter...

(off topic: I am still saving up for a 85mm or 135mm LSM lens. Haven't taken a single pic with mine yet. I figured I'd spend over a thousand dollars on a lens, not a digi SLR. Maybe a secondhand Rebel Digital for Christmas 2005... I am still using my economical OM 1 gear meanwhile. Age/eyesight hassle promoting the change to Canon EO$ :cry: )
-keep your eyes on the invisible-

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Canon EOS Elan 7N or 7NE