Board index Equipment Film Cameras If someone has helped you, then say so!!

Film Cameras

If someone has helped you, then say so!!

jim_panzee

If someone has helped you, then say so!!

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:11 am

I see this all the time on lots of forums including this one. Many members go to a lot of trouble researching files to help people requesting information on this that and the other, It really P***** me off when they don't even bother to reply.
SO if you have received genuine help with a problem, then do have the courtesy to say so.
This applies to all sections of the forum. :evil:

neda_atash

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:21 pm

Hi,
I leave Thank you's in the person's guestbook... I don't think it shows up here... maybe that's what others do to???? You think? but I know what you mean otherwise, but you never know!?
ciao

zuiko40

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:16 am

I agree that courtesy is important. But when I have been helped in forms like this, I generally send a personal message to the person who has helped me, as the other poster has said. I have also been the recipient of thank you messages. One reason not to post a thank you in the forum itself, is that it shows as a recent response, so that someone perusing the list goes to it thinking that there is actually new information there.
I think that either practice is okay.

bobtrips

Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:07 am

Thanks are nice, but I it doesn't bother me if people don't take time to reply.

If I've helped someone I'd rather have them pay me back by helping someone else. I figure that I'll be on the receiving end some day if we can keep the circle going....

Board index Equipment Film Cameras If someone has helped you, then say so!!