Board index Equipment Film Cameras I have a Minolta X-700 and need some help-->>

Film Cameras

I have a Minolta X-700 and need some help-->>

istanbultea

I have a Minolta X-700 and need some help-->>

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:55 am

Does anyone know about these cameras? I just recently was given one from a friend and the only hitch is the shutter appears stuck.

It's a SLR that uses a battery and it came with a 50mm lens.

Probably not a lot of info to go on but I am quite new to all things, Camera.

jim_panzee

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:03 am

istanbultea

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Thanks Jim!! Lots of good info for me there... I appreciate the link.

Cheers!

huanghong

Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:18 am

istanbultea, that is a great camera i used to use before moving to AF, i loved it! hope that you ll enjoy using it as well!

rob3571

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:13 am

Im a Nikon AF guy but I still love to borrow my Dad's old SRT 201. Its a great camera.

variable

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:26 pm

Well the brutal honesty is that the capacitor is most likely burnt/shot. I have a X-370 and it too has the problem, as well as all the 370's/700's. If you go on Ebay there are people selling the "fix-it" kit. The kit consists of purchasing these tiny capacitors and then doing a little soldering work.

Now, before you go run out to your local hardware/Radio Shack..stay put. These capacitors are VERY DIFFICULT to find. Trust me..I've tried...but I did locate a place that does sell them:

http://www.digikey.com/digihome.html

If you're solder savvy maybe this is for you but the capacitor is VERY small so beware.

..there are numerous sites that you can send your camera to for the same repai for around $80..Google it.

frankricard

selling almost new minolta x700 with lots accesories

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Board index Equipment Film Cameras I have a Minolta X-700 and need some help-->>