Board index Equipment Film Cameras Winter 120 film for TLR

Film Cameras

Winter 120 film for TLR

jim_panzee

Winter 120 film for TLR

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:00 am

As the winter is starting to bite where I live, Days are short, cloudy, rainy and not a sign of the sun. So what sort of 120 film should I be using in my Rolleiflex TLR.
I prefer colour but occasionally shoot B/W. I recently tried a roll of Provia 100, although very good for the sunny days, there is not much latitude for exposure error when the light is less than perfect.
What should I be useing to get good results from landscapes and architecture.

JimP.

narsuitus

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:47 pm

Many landscape and architectural photographers swear by Fuji Vevia 50 and 100 slide film for the lighting condition you describe.

filipdabrowski

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:59 am

I agree...Velvia is the only way to go. It's made for landscapes...try it out and you'll see.
"If your pictures aren`t good enough, you aren't close enough." (Robert Capa)

snoopypood

120 film

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:40 am

Interesting that so many want ot use Fuji film. I've always thought the colors to be too artificial and severe. You might want to look at the Agfa lineup for softer, warmer colors.

etrose

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:34 am

Since you are shooting 120 I would recommend Agfa RSX II 50/100. Very nice film for snow as it is quite neutral and can give you very nice subtle colours. The grain should not be a big problem in your format.

If you want to minimize the grain I think Kodak Ektachrome 100G is a better choice than Velvia for snow scenes.

etrose

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Winter 120 film for TLR