Board index Equipment Film Cameras Old Canon 35mm SLRs?

Film Cameras

Old Canon 35mm SLRs?

crimsontear

Old Canon 35mm SLRs?

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:42 pm

Hello! I currently have a EOS DSLR but would like to start learning about shooting film, hence, I'm looking for a very (very) cheap EOS slr to play around and learn with...

I've seen a few second hand bodies... Such as the
1000FN
IX

They're all roughly the same price (around £60, $100) and I'm in the process of comparing their differences... However finding reviews of them is difficult. Do any of them jump out as recommended cameras?

I've got a seleciton of EF lenses and EOS compatible flashes (Cobra 700AF, Vivitar 6000AF) that I can hopefully use and intend to shoot macro/landscape & B+W mainly if that makes any difference.

Can anyone give any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

jim_panzee

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:24 pm

Yes, EOS 5 or 3, don't waste you money on anything else,

JimP.

crimsontear

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:53 pm

Ouch! The EOS 3 is way out of my price range. I shall however look into the 5, thanks.

s9810588

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:07 am

Avoid the 500 and 5000. They are not worth it. No DOF preview, no independent metering mode and can't select AF mode independently either although you won't need AF for landscape/macro shots. Plus they have very dim viewfinder!

Try to look for EOS 620. If you want something rather different, get EOS RT with pellicle mirror. No viewfinder blackout and with shutter lag of only 6ms if I remember correctly.

jim_panzee

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:25 am

If you go for the 5, check to make sure that the command dial is working smoothly and not stiff. This was the only fault with this camera. I have a 5 and its great.

JimP.

fotos

Try this!

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:27 pm

Go for a cheapie as they are all basically going to take great pics. I have the 1000FN and have no complaints at all about functionality or photo quality. Shutter speeds are 1/2000 second to Bulb which is great. You can find these easily on Ebay and they can be found with a basic lens too for a ridiculously low price.
HTH.
Geo.

P.S.
Here are some links for you....

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ha ... FnRebel2s/

http://photonotes.org/manuals/eos-rebel-s-ii/

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Old Canon 35mm SLRs?