Board index Equipment Film Cameras Switched to digital

Film Cameras

Switched to digital

b707

Switched to digital

Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:52 am

Hi,

As I switched since a few months completely from analoge to digital (CANON 1D Mk II / 1Ds / 1Ds Mk II ) I still have an EOS 1Vs body, and a Mamiya 645 with prisma view finder, motordrive, 110/220 film back's, and 45mm/80mm/ and 70-150mm lensens, -all in good shape- which I eventually want to sell.

If somebody should be interested, just send me an e-mail

Regards
707 Forever !!

jazzmech

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:51 am

I am interested in the Mamiya. Drop me an email at:
jazzmech@jazzmechanic.com

jazzzmech

lord_of_the_badgers

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:37 am

blimey mate, you have some money... why did you buy the 1ds BTW? Surely both the MK2s are enough?!!!

jealous!

b707

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:31 am

Lord_of_the_badgers,

Ofcourse I didn't buy them all at the same time.
It started just with one 1D, then a 1D Mk II and now the Mk II 1Ds :D
707 Forever !!

containsmildperil

Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:51 pm

I'm still having difficulty comprehending why a medium format user would go digital. I think it will be many years before the quality is comparable. Look how long it's taken even to (almost) catch up with 35mm.

b707

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:30 am

"containsmildperil"

You always has to make a choice. As professional aviation photographer the most importants things for me are speed, choice of lenses, and manoeuvrebility of the camera.
No medium camera can give me the same advantages as I have with Canon EOS 1D/DS Mk II camera's and.... 16,7 Mb/ file is quality wise more than enough. :D :D
707 Forever !!

filipdabrowski

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:00 am

"containsmildperil"

You always has to make a choice. As professional aviation photographer the most importants things for me are speed, choice of lenses, and manoeuvrebility of the camera.
No medium camera can give me the same advantages as I have with Canon EOS 1D/DS Mk II camera's and.... 16,7 Mb/ file is quality wise more than enough. Very Happy Very Happy

What I don't understand is why you were shooting medium format in the first place...I mean you could have invested in a nice 35mm system. You say it is slow...I just can't imagine you standing there and taking shots of planes with a MF camera...that's like going to the ballpark and seeing an SI photographer doing his thing with the same equipment...just not possible.
"If your pictures aren`t good enough, you aren't close enough." (Robert Capa)

b707

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:20 pm

filipdabrowski wrote:

What I don't understand is why you were shooting medium format in the first place...I mean you could have invested in a nice 35mm system. You say it is slow...I just can't imagine you standing there and taking shots of planes with a MF camera...that's like going to the ballpark and seeing an SI photographer doing his thing with the same equipment...just not possible.

As professional I think you must be able to handle every request of your clients and have the possibilities -depending to their request and the conditions- to work as well on 35 mm / Digital / and MF.
I didn't say that before I only worked on MF and I know very well that MF isn't the best way for action photography, but does this mean that I coudn't have had this for other kind of aviation photography :?: :?: :?:
707 Forever !!

narsuitus

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:37 pm

As a professional aviation photographer, do you shoot air shows from the ground and from the air?

Do you need or use image stabilization/vibration reduction lenses in your work?

If you did aerial photography with your film cameras, was high capacity film an important consideration for you? If so, how does the "digital film" you now use compare?

By the way, is that a typo or do you really have a "110/220 film back" for your medium format camera?

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Switched to digital