Board index Equipment Film Cameras Is Canon Rebel good for me?

Film Cameras

Is Canon Rebel good for me?

halmstad

Is Canon Rebel good for me?

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:53 am

Im new hear and i have some questions for any one.
Im thinking of buying a Rebel camera 35mm but i dont now to much about cameras. Is this mobel good for me? :?
As live im Sweden and the Uk its very hard to find a matching camera to the Rebel over hear. I have never seen it any store. They have all the other mobel but not that one.
Please help me to save my Xmas.
:D

snappingturtle

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi,

The Canon Rebel series is a consumer type 35mm SLR camera. It accepts all of the EF lenses that Canon offers. THeir cheap design and simplicity makes it an ideal for beginners, non photo enthusiasts who just want nice cameras and hobbyists who don't want too much capability. They are not reccomended for advanced amatures or proffesionals because of their cheap plastic bodies and a lack of advanced features and controls.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/contro ... goryid=111

You can check out this link for more information. There are currently 4 35mm rebels in the market as you can see. As for store, try http://www.bhphotovideo.com A favorite store for many and they ship internationally.

Hugh

halmstad

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:54 pm

htsung wrote:Hi,

The Canon Rebel series is a consumer type 35mm SLR camera. It accepts all of the EF lenses that Canon offers. THeir cheap design and simplicity makes it an ideal for beginners, non photo enthusiasts who just want nice cameras and hobbyists who don't want too much capability. They are not reccomended for advanced amatures or proffesionals because of their cheap plastic bodies and a lack of advanced features and controls.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/contro ... goryid=111

You can check out this link for more information. There are currently 4 35mm rebels in the market as you can see. As for store, try http://www.bhphotovideo.com A favorite store for many and they ship internationally.

Hugh

Thanks a Million Hugh

If i dont want to spend to much money on a camera and i really want a Canon witch one do you think is the best priced for me.
Thanks
Henrik

snappingturtle

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:12 pm

Hi,

What do you plan to be shooting? If you are just shooting casual subjects like family, friends, travel and don't want to take control of the Camera's exposures manually, then the cheap Rebel G II is good enough. It is the cheapest SLR Canon can offer. The other Rebels are for more serious photographers who want more speed and accuracy. Image quality for all of the Cameras are the same. It will depend on what lens you use. The only difference, is the internal strength of the cameras which will effect speed and accuarcy, but not much for the image.

For more serious stuff like sports, then you will be asking for the Canon EOS Elan 7N/NE or the professional EOS 3 or 1V. The Rebel series is aimed at regular consumers almost exclusively.

Hugh

steveandbecky

Re: Rebel EOS...

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:13 pm

I have a Canon EOS Rebel Xs. It is black plastic-like, but very tough. It is also very light in weight-- so light, in fact, that I never get tired of carrying it around. I only wish I could have a digital camera exactly like it. The focus is fast, also, an absolute pleasure to use.

I don't know anything about the newer models. Mine is probably more than 10 years old now and still like new despite being used quite a lot. I think the new ones start at about 175 USD. I think I paid a lot more than that 10 years ago.

I have scanned some negatives exposed with this camera if you would like to see them. The Rebel photographs are marked so you will know which camera the images came from.
<A HREF="http://www.pbase.com/steveandbecky/scanned_images&page=1">My gallery of scanned images is here.</A>

I don't think I will ever buy a heavy camera again (like my Canon F1) because its just too hard for me to carry around anymore. I think the Rebel photographs are as good as the F1 photographs are.

halmstad

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:12 pm

What do you plan to be shooting? If you are just shooting casual subjects like family, friends, travel and don't want to take control of the Camera's exposures manually, then the cheap Rebel G II is good enough. It is the cheapest SLR Canon can offer. The other Rebels are for more serious photographers who want more speed and accuracy. Image quality for all of the Cameras are the same. It will depend on what lens you use. The only difference, is the internal strength of the cameras which will effect speed and accuarcy, but not much for the image.

For more serious stuff like sports, then you will be asking for the Canon EOS Elan 7N/NE or the professional EOS 3 or 1V. The Rebel series is aimed at regular consumers almost exclusively.

Hugh

Thank Hugh

I have been looking around a bit more over here in London and the only one i can find matching the Rebel T2 is Canon 300x.
But i think i will order the Rebel.
Is i worth spending some more money on a USM lens?

Henrik

halmstad

Re: Rebel EOS...

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:15 pm

steveandbecky wrote:I have a Canon EOS Rebel Xs. It is black plastic-like, but very tough. It is also very light in weight-- so light, in fact, that I never get tired of carrying it around. I only wish I could have a digital camera exactly like it. The focus is fast, also, an absolute pleasure to use.

I don't know anything about the newer models. Mine is probably more than 10 years old now and still like new despite being used quite a lot. I think the new ones start at about 175 USD. I think I paid a lot more than that 10 years ago.

I have scanned some negatives exposed with this camera if you would like to see them. The Rebel photographs are marked so you will know which camera the images came from.
<A HREF="http://www.pbase.com/steveandbecky/scanned_images&page=1">My gallery of scanned images is here.</A>

I don't think I will ever buy a heavy camera again (like my Canon F1) because its just too hard for me to carry around anymore. I think the Rebel photographs are as good as the F1 photographs are.

Hello

To start with i really like you Photos :D

I have been looking on the page you sent me and i will probably buy the Rebel T2.
They have another model over here called 300x do you now anything about that one?

Henrik

snappingturtle

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:48 pm

halmstad wrote:

Hugh

Thank Hugh

I have been looking around a bit more over here in London and the only one i can find matching the Rebel T2 is Canon 300x.

Henrik

Hi,

If you don't mind spending more money for quality, then buy a body kit and get a seperate lens. The kit lens is very basic and cheap. The aperture is not constant and the images are soft when you blow them up. They are only good for 4X6 and 5X6 prints. Any print higher and the softness will show. Nevertheless, the kits lenses are easy and very user friendly. If you don't want to take photography to the next level, then this will be a sufficient start.

Just a warning, if you get bitten by the "photo bug" and get more enthusiastic with photography, you will end up turning in your early purchases to help aid the purchases of newer and more advanced equipment. It happened to me :cry: . Just be confident that you will never upgrade yourself to advanced amerture or save up and buy the best stuff you can muster so that there will be little needs for future upgrades.

Hugh

halmstad

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:25 pm

htsung wrote:
halmstad wrote:

Hugh

Thank Hugh

Henrik

Hi,

If you don't mind spending more money for quality, then buy a body kit and get a seperate lens. The kit lens is very basic and cheap. The aperture is not constant and the images are soft when you blow them up. They are only good for 4X6 and 5X6 prints. Any print higher and the softness will show. Nevertheless, the kits lenses are easy and very user friendly. If you don't want to take photography to the next level, then this will be a sufficient start.

Just a warning, if you get bitten by the "photo bug" and get more enthusiastic with photography, you will end up turning in your early purchases to help aid the purchases of newer and more advanced equipment. It happened to me :cry: . Just be confident that you will never upgrade yourself to advanced amerture or save up and buy the best stuff you can muster so that there will be little needs for future upgrades.

Hugh

So you think its better for me to buy a seperate lens?And seperate body?
I notice that the USM lens is more expensive than the other. Is it worth spending the extra money. And what size of lens should is start with?
Thanks for all you help

Henrik

snappingturtle

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:46 pm

halmstad wrote:
htsung wrote:
halmstad wrote:

Hugh

Thank Hugh

Henrik

Hi,

Hugh

I notice that the USM lens is more expensive than the other. Is it worth spending the extra money. And what size of lens should is start with?
Thanks for all you help

Henrik

If you are going to pursue photography in the long run, then yes get a body and a better lens separate. If not, then stick with the kit lens. Yes the prices of the lenses reflect the quality. You get what you pay for.

You can get some nice reviews here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/

Hugh

halmstad

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 am

htsung wrote:
halmstad wrote:
htsung wrote:
halmstad wrote:

Hugh

Thank Hugh

Henrik

Hi,

Hugh

Thanks for all you help

Henrik

If you are going to pursue photography in the long run, then yes get a body and a better lens separate. If not, then stick with the kit lens. Yes the prices of the lenses reflect the quality. You get what you pay for.

You can get some nice reviews here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/

Hugh

Thank you very much for all your help.
I will be back when i have taken my first pictures and i will tell you if i have be bitten by the "photo bug".
Have a great x-mas.

Henrik :D

paulsilkphotography

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:37 pm

The Rebel T2 and EOS 300X are the same camera.
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

halmstad

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:46 am

craftysnapper wrote:The Rebel T2 and EOS 300X are the same camera.

Thanks i didnt now that.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Is Canon Rebel good for me?