Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software The Future of Pbase

Photo Editing Software

The Future of Pbase

egc128

The Future of Pbase

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Why hasn't Pbase changed over the years. The current owners are doing nothing to update Pbase. Pbase is losing members every year. Pbase is need of a redesign. They need to develop a plugin for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 & 5. The future looks bad for Pbase. They used to be the most popular, not anymore. Flickr, 500px, Google+ are now so far ahead.

sing2golf

Re: The Future of Pbase

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:34 pm

I will stick with Pbase which I think is pretty good. As I use Photoshop CS6 I am not interested in a Lightroom plug in and I have tried Flickr etc which I don't rate.

toondesmit

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 am

I like it just the way it is!
Tried and did not like competitors.

parpho

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 am

If it ain't broke.....

dct

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm

The only thing I would like to see is a better navigation/access for mobile devices.
Apart from this I don't need (want) any enhancements on the look and feel side. That's why I'm still here.

Of course, a simple ftp or other folder oriented protocol would be helpful moving things around. But I can live with the current upload interface.

rjkanephoto

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:37 am

I'll be leaving PBase as soon as my current credits are used up, change could be good I might be tempted to stay.

iblue

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 am

I dare you to leave! hhh, many of us have invested hugely in our galleries (time & effort to get it right, all the links posted else where etc.) so the switch barrier is huge, especially for the serious photographer. PBase knows that. Me personally: I like PBase a lot, it is clean simple can be tweaked quite substantially, if you dive into the code a bit. You can even 'steal' creativity intelligently from others. Haven't seen these wonderful traits in other photo sites. What you do see with alternatives is the flashy templates for the novice user, without putting any effort in it. PBase needs some investment to make it right. The only thing that I am missing is commercial plugin to sell photo's or items that are in them. That would be awesome.

image_expo

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:04 pm

:) Pbase is simple, and I think many users like this point, something I don't like when I go to visit Flickr or any other images/galleries hosting company : scripts very heavy for web browsers, necessity to open account with smartphone and so on . . . and many times advertisements or links to advertisers . . . Pbase is not free, but not too expensive, that's the condition to remain free of ads. . .
Pbase is light that is what I like, don't need too many features, just simple use and fast loading for pictures . . . 1Go was a bit short, but 3Go is better, may be more in the future ..
may be the design of website is not so sexy, but it works ! :)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software The Future of Pbase