Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?

Digital Cameras

Where is the best place on line to buy?

canon20duser

Post Sun May 28, 2006 11:52 am

B&H, Adorama, Canoga.

richwiller

Online Vendors

Post Sun May 28, 2006 1:57 pm

I have purchased a Sigma 10-20 from B&H as well as an EX230 flash, filters etc. B&H Pricing was very good and their web site is accurate. I receintly tried PCNation http://www.pcnation.com for a 24-105 f-4L IS USM and beat B&H by $80 and 3 day shipping was free. They also have a very active security department for new accounts. I spoke with two of their reps. and they could'nt have been more helpful or pleasant. Their selection is more limited to top sellers and only deal in US warrenty items on Canon stuff. The are an authorized Canon Reseller. Not all pricing is much different than other vendors but it is worth checking. :D

jttaint

Post Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 am

Another vote for b&h

It seems for newly released items

Ritz camera seems to get the stuff a couple of weeks sooner than everyone else,
but their selection is no where near comparable to B&H.

fixx

Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:18 pm

Due to recommendations from other members I went ahead and tried Adorama for the first time. I needed a good filter and lens cleaning supplies, so I felt this would be a great time to try out a new vendor. I make most of purchases from B & H, but I wanted a back up vendor and a place that carries stock B & H is out of or does not carry at all.
My experience with Adorama went pretty well. Tracking info/receipt issued right away via PDF format in email and all products received in good order. Although he did not try to heavy upsell me, the CS rep. did give me a bit of attitude when I did not want to add on multiple packs of cleaning supplies or additional filters that were on sale. But all in all a good experience and I would use them again. Just know what you want when you call and don't let anyone tell you what YOU NEED, and you’ll be fine.

hallambikes

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:01 am

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for where to buy digital SLR's from... I'm interested in a Canon new or used, as long as everything still works great. I'm lucky enough to have a professional photogrpher for a neighbor and he kindly lets me barrow his 1D and D60, but I would like to buy my own. Thanks

Tim Hallam

(my I'll check back here in few days to see if anyone has replied, other wise my email address is tim@hallambikes.com if you have a suggestion.) Thanks again.

horsegoggles

Samys

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:41 pm

I purchased both my d70 and d200 from http://www.samys.com.
Their customer service I.E. prompt attention to your needs as a customer, is unbelievable. B&H is the only other I have used, and they are excellent. I would choose Samys first, (closer), but wouldn't hesitate to use B&H.

sots

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:12 am

I'd like to submit another vote for PCnation.com... I did extensive research on them when I bought my rebel XT from there over a year ago for around $660 (+ free ship). They had great reviews, but the price was over $100 cheaper than even used XTs went for on ebay at the time, and I was really worried it would be gray market or something. Buuutttt... nope. It's perfectly legit, non-sketchy, and I've been extremely happy with the camera. Plus it shipped in 24 hours. They have my highest recommendations.

dominiccantin

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:41 am

I bought my Pentax *Ist Ds on cameta.com ( I'm from Canada ) and I realy suggest them , they have a great service !

guerin

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:06 pm

I am from France and I bought all my lenses to B&H...48 hours later I get them at home...wonderful!!

that great...I have bought two 500/4 mm without probleme!! and many others it's always very clear!

Philippe

macswenson

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:01 am

I will have to say B and H, for every reason that people have posted here. They are far and away the best out there. I do have one complaint about them, but nothing worth making a big fuss over. I ordered a new Canon 100-400 EF L lense from them on the second of this month, i didnt receive it untill the 10th. I picked 2nd day air since the extra 20$ was nothing compared to was it cost for the lense, and since i was shelling out the cash, why not upgrade shipping to take it on my trip and try it out. While the trip wasnt much of a photo opertunity, my package didnt come for 8 days. It didnt make it out of the store untill monday, i had ordered the previous tuesday. i was a bit upset, but an e-mail telling me my package was delayed would have been superb. They did however upgrade the filter that i ordered from a cheap UV filter, to a more expensive UV one. not a huge difference, but a nice touch, none the less.

jfoxbox

Where to Buy

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:09 pm

I have purchased many times from BH Photo in NYC and found them very good with a great selection, but they have messed up several of my orders. But, the prices are good, and all is made well end the end. Another comapny Beachcamera.com has a much smaller selection, but they are fast (even their 10 day shipping arrives in 5 days across the country) and usually the best price for USA war. No grey market that I have found.. They have never let me down. I have also used adorma.com, good select and prices are low- but I haven't used them much. A west coast- Canogacamera.com. Lots of Canon & Nikon, decent prices- but no bate and switch or other tricky stuff that other camera shops use (none that I have mentioned here.

mikelong

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 am

Adorama is terrible, be careful if you're thinking about purchasing from them.

photographybypatti

Best place to buy digital equipment - B&H is my opinion

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:16 am

Purchased all my gear except for a new 75-300 mm lens from B&H a year ago. Very happy - also look for their deals as they DO have some great pricing. My brother-in-law is a pro photographer and purchases all his gear from B&H - and has done so for many years. He recommended them to me!

Great prices, great service and easy to reach via phone or via e-mail. Never had a problem reaching them and getting a live voice right away - AND KNOWLEDGEABLE to boot!

musoro

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:20 am

vote for B&H.

masta_eyes

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm also new about purchasing camera online. Problem is, the companies that offer great deals of low prices don't usually ship outside the U.S. Im here in the Philippines. Would love to buy online though, digi cams here are priced ridiculous. You cant get a good bargain.

PreviousNext

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?