Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon G11 vs Canon G10

Digital Cameras

Canon G11 vs Canon G10

paninic

Canon G11 vs Canon G10

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:53 pm

I just want to know by your experience if, considering the quality of the images, the Canon G11 is really better than the Canon G10. I'm interressed by one of these two cameras.

kombizz

Re: Canon G11 vs Canon G10

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:52 am

I go for G11 although has slightly better quality compare to G10
I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
k o m b i z z

dirtyol

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:35 am

I'd go the G11. I have the G10 & noise is an issue but it is still an excellent camera. I believe the G11 is much better on the noise from reviews I have read.

djwixx

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 am

The main difference between the two is the swivel LCD on the G11, not much of an issue with the angle of view on the G10, and the reduced megapixels on the G11 to give a two stop improvement on noise on the G11 over the G10, which is worth the loss of pixels if you need low light ability and even if you don't. The immediate access to common controls make them a joy to use, and you can also meter separately which increases the scope even more. RAW on both makes it an improved option over most other point and shoots. Given the general availability of the G11, and the fact that it's a 'remake' of the G10 would suggest it should be the option to go for. Bear in mind they're not pocketable cameras so if size isn't an issue and you have some price scope you would get better results and improved handling and speed for quick shots from the various micro 4/3 options.

As point and shoots go they're probably the best you'll get, but there are also other great options available.

Be sure you like the results that Canon produces rather than assuming it's a good camera because of its specs. I personally prefer the neutral option for the colour it produces and it struggles hugely with auto white balance in some situations.

http://www.dpreview.com does a thorough review of both.
Last edited by djwixx on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bklein

Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:28 pm

You might want to take a look at new P7000 pics posted on dpreview this morning. ISO 800 and 1600 look pretty good.
http://dpreview.com/news/1009/10091707u ... amples.asp

B
www.pbase.com/bklein

septembermorn

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:26 am

I have just about worn out my G5 and even though more and better cameras have been developed since, I cannot find one. I now use the Canon 40D with various lenses, but I still love the G5 for its zoom, wide angle and true color.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon G11 vs Canon G10