Board index Equipment Digital Cameras the camera database

Digital Cameras

the camera database

dahlstetphoto

the camera database

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:53 am

Who is keeping this up and paying any attention to what is going on in the world of new cameras? Whoever it is must be pretty near brain dead. Where is the new Nikon D750. How about a proper id for the Sony a6000. both have been out for months. I really wonder why I continue to support this poorly maintained and badly administered site. Too lazy to change, I suppose.

dahlstetphoto

Re: the camera database

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:40 am

So, I reply to my own thread. A couple of problems solved we can now show that the D750 or the A6000 were used to make the photo. So where is the Nikon D7200, surely I am not the only person to have one and now be using it to make photos. I find it useful to know what others used to make their pictures. Agreed that you can't tell much about the quality of the camera, almost all are pretty darn good, but you can see what those who are really good choose to use. Helpful, maybe, interesting, of course. Wake up wherever you are and either keep up the camera database or abandon it.

dw_thomas

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Some comments, having just noticed this thread. My understanding is these are 'User' forums; e.g, there is no guarantee The Management(tm) looks at them. This is where users try to help each other out, such as is possible. (None of us have access to PBase internals! :shock: )

Somewhere in that camera database stuff it says to submit requests for additions to cameras@pbase.com. In theory that lets a user who gets a new, unlisted camera bring it directly to the attention of someone who can do something about it. As a practical matter, even that may still not work, or at least take two or three tries (and two or three months when I got my Canon G15 a while back). There are a gazillion new camera models popping up all the time and it is highly unlikely PBase has a dedicated process to just magically notice and add them. Regrettably, the last few weeks they seem to be having serious trouble keeping the site running at all.

DaveT

image_expo

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 pm

:) Hello, that's right , there are some cameras not listed in the database (and many lenses), I'm about to get the Canon Eos M3, it's on the market for 1 year now, but it's not available in the database . . . I hope to find it soon ;)

cits_4_pets

Post Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Please add Olympus PenF, one of the top rated M4/3 cameras. Thank you
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

gege67

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello, that's right , there are some cameras not listed in the database (and many lenses), I'm about to get the Leica SL type 601, it's on the market for 1 year now, but it's not available in the database . . . I hope to find it soon ;)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras the camera database