Board index Other Travel How available are dowloading facilities in Sth. America??

Travel

How available are dowloading facilities in Sth. America??

biddy44

How available are dowloading facilities in Sth. America??

Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:41 pm

We are travelling to Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador and look as though we are going to travel with a Canon IXUS 400...........we would like to know how easy it is to locate downloading places and/or how easy it is to recharge batteries etc. This will give us an idea on how many cards and batteries to take along. Thanks. :?: :?:

ugot2bkdng

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:01 am

There are several devices on the market that read CF cards and store the contents on their built-in hard drive. Here is a 20GB version

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0301/03012 ... drive2.asp

This particular one has internal rechargeable batteries.

Here is a listing of voltage, frequency, and plug type by country. Looks like you are in luck. The three countries you are visiting have 110 volt sytems at 50 or 60 cylcles. When I went to Spain I bought a small kit containing all of the required adapter plugs for the "world." :D Only about $20.
Chuck

patrickthomas

Mexico

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:04 pm

I live in a rather remote part of Mexico. Six years ago we had three internet cafes. Now there is one in every block. I would strongly suggest you carry your own card reader and blank CDs but you should be able to find facilities for downloading your photos. Most places will have electricity for recharging batteries. Since I live here, I buy cameras that use AA so I can have plenty of spares.

Board index Other Travel How available are dowloading facilities in Sth. America??