Board index Other Travel Life on the road, USA...

Travel

Life on the road, USA...

beemerchef

Life on the road, USA...

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:33 pm

For some reason I cannot find my thread!!!... suggestions?...

This is one Blog I really enjoyed posting, at the same time as much as I felt welcomed, I also felt a bit as I was watching from the other side of the window. The “familyâ€

beemerchef

under the weather... OR

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:32 am

Under the weather… OR

Trying to keep my composure today… yesterday… how quickly one can succumb to a bit of illness! At least take a walk through town I thought… a good thing with good weather. My mail arrived, bumped into some riders exploring the area on some very cool bikes and some good Karma which I wrote about on the website.
Change of plans, and then again more changes and changes… We are leaving for Texas tomorrow am via Sacramento to visit with my friend Brian and his family… and learn some computer stuff! Not my favorite hobby, but, I have to learn to be self sufficient when I start adding an Index on my website so one can navigate and find recipes and routes I have taken… It will be a slow road, don’t expect it overnight, but it will get done…
Poor Spirit is stuck with me not going anywhere… good thing I have not heard a complain… yet.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website

beemerchef

Placerville.... CA

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:03 pm

Placerville… CA

Back into the thick of life… compared with Halfway! So this is where everyone has been hiding this past month. Terlingua, Texas… here we come. But first, some tutorial from my friend Brian, I am going to be Internet literate very soon, I just feel bad that he has to put up with me these coming days…
Used the “tent spaceâ€

beemerchef

The Gold town of Coloma... CA

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:18 am

The Gold Town of Coloma… CA

First day on the road back to Texas, Terlingua! We are both so exhausted that we stopped early, I hope for a good night sleep. I think stumbling from the High Desert of eastern Oregon to the fire smoke and smog filled air of Placerville was too great of a shock for us. Add to the day hours of computer tutorial, a totally obscure path for me, a short circuit was imminent!
We did find time to visit the little town of Coloma, check out the remains of this old Gold Town, and that was it! I am excited about that moment, in a few days, when, as we exit the last curve approaching Terlingua, my sight will focus on
Big Bend!
The links that I am working on are public, they are work in progress! There will not be much added till we stop moving for a bit… and I am wide open for suggestions! Check it out…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com

beemerchef

Through Mojave Desert... CA

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Not much rest, almost in Kingman today to visit… one more time… Mark and Angie’s family… maybe they will adopt us! It is only the third time we visit them…
It was hard not to stray while going through Mojave Desert… all those trails in sight, this incredible vast area, spectacular!
And I will write this here also… I would like to invite anyone “that does notâ€

beemerchef

A weekend in Kingman... AZ

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:11 pm

A weekend in Kingman… AZ

Not a detour, but coming through Phoenix I thought we would take care of a recall that could set the cruise control unit on fire… even when parked! First appointment?… December!!! Or leave the RV there for 3 to 4 days… How about moving in a Ford dealer for a while… I guess will keep this one on the list to do. Seven years later has not caught on fire… hope it wait’s a bit longer…
Great weekend in Kingman with Mark and Angie, a great ride to the West entrance of the Grand Canyon, the family, the animals… you name it as you can read about it on the website…

You all be well… we are in transit! Oh… managed to add a recipe…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website…

annagong

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 am

i could see the pics,they very nice!

beemerchef

arriving in Big Bend, Texas...

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks Annagong...

Arriving in Big Bend, Texas…

Familiar roads leading to Terlingua, a couple miles from the entrance of Big Bend Park, at the same time all new feelings discovering a terrain I feel never truly experienced as we will this time.
The beat is off as the Dish is not working… first time now for 24 hrs. Worse things have happened, there is a Restaurant/Coffee Shop that has WI FI walking distance… as the last time we were here. What an irony!
The weather? Just missed a nasty storm… good timing I guess as everything rocked and rolled overnight…
So, some pictures of the Journey down here on the website, and also a new articles submitted by a 9 year old rider from Louisiana, Brandon! What a great kid… and father team.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website…

beemerchef

The Big Bend articles, 1, Texas...

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:18 pm

The Big Bend articles, 1, Texas.

The excitement is at a new height! And here I thought after such an incredible and I need to use the word “lifeâ€

beemerchef

Big Bend articles, part 2, Texas

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:33 pm

The Big Bend articles, part 2, Texas

Still fairly warm in the afternoons for Spirit mainly. We took advantage of the cool morning to enter the Park for the first time and witness our first sunrise. Quiet, peaceful, it was time for much reflection on the past, the present. Suddenly all was still, only shadows moving along slowly painting and reveling the colors of the peaks surrounding us and the town of Terlingua just a few miles away.
A ride up the Basin, had been a long time it seems like filled with so many miles across this country in between. All I can say is “it feels good!â€

beemerchef

The Big Bend articles, part 3, Texas

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:57 pm

The Big Bend articles, part 3, Texas

More of the Ghost Town, I am drawn to it, the old school, the church, the radio station… deep down I feel that Terlingua is making a comeback as some new businesses are establishing themselves, or is it only because the “seasonâ€

beemerchef

The Big Bend articles, part 4, Texas

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:28 am

The Big Bend articles, part 4, Texas

Good sign, the days are starting to blend in and only sunsets and sunrises are marking the beginnings and the end, this means we are on Terlingua time… which could be symbolized by a blank clock with no hands or numbers!!!
Kathy is back in town and my favorite hang out is now open again… how about some coffee and an “all day burritoâ€

beemerchef

The road of a thousand pictures... Texas

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:32 pm

The road of a thousand pictures, Texas…

No wonder I have to mostly ride alone, I think most would live me behind when it takes me a whole day to cover the 120 miles or so to Presidio and back filling the camera’s memory card!
The heat slammed on us in the afternoon, it was suddenly brutal and luckily we found some shade at a rest area. Much water is a must these days.
As I have been asked what is happening with our Journey, why am I working 3 days a week, are we settling down… the answer is NO on the settling down!… with more details in today’s Blog… it is all good, better if nothing else!

Till next time, you be well…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog and website…

beemerchef

more about river road, Texas...

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:34 pm

More about River Road, Texas

I suddenly had two dogs in the sidecar yesterday but was tool slow with the camera!!! What a sight and laughter as also I had come across some riders from San Antonio… They did make a big mistake having lunch at the wrong place instead of Kathy’s Kosmic Kaffee… The food they had instead… I will say no more!!!
Life goes on here, finally some cooler weather mixed in with some clouds, some welcome temperatures.
More about the ride and some pictures on the website… a new recipe also has been posted, a new old recipe that is retrieved from the Blogs… things are starting to be better organized! Finally…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog…

beemerchef

La Kiva, Terlingua... Texas

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 pm

La Kiva, Terlingua… Texas

Finally some pictures of this famous lounge restaurant where I spend 3 evenings a week chatting, I mean cooking for the locals and tourists… Truly a fun place, the best choice in town for me to get to know what is going on in the area and the off the map places to ride and explore.
Also some pictures of Sotol lookout where we spend a few hours yesterday evening just watching Mother Nature work hard on the constantly changing scenery, complete with thunder and lightning.
All in the website…

Enjoy… stop by… and be well.

Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and blog…

Board index Other Travel Life on the road, USA...