Board index Other Travel Utah?

Travel

Utah?

mikelong

Utah?

Post Wed May 14, 2008 6:39 am

I'm going to visit Utah in June, can anyone recommend some great photo/hiking destinations? Are there any good travel guidebooks you can recommend as well?

Thanks

djwixx

Re: Utah?

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:06 pm

The options in Utah are endless, so it depends what direction you're coming from and how long you have!!!! Whatever you do, make sure you buy a National Parks Pass. The one pass will get you into all the parks and save a lot of money on entrance fees. Moab is a great town and there's a large number of national parks in the area. If you happen to be on the I70 heading west to Utah, it's a stunning drive, but look out for the scenic drive to Moab, which takes you along the Colorado river - worth the detour. I normally find a 5 hour drive for me takes 10!!!

The National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States is worth owning, otherwise look for anything on the "Colorado Plateau" for excellent information. The Colorado Plateau includes - Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef Grand Canyon, Great Basin, Mesa Verde, Petrified Forest, Saguaro and Zion.

Hopefully I'll be getting there in July for a few days!!

mikelong

Post Wed May 14, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks, that's some good information. I've got at least three weeks so would like to do several multi-day hikes, a couple in remote areas where there's not many people if possible.
Mike

diana_bradshaw

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:00 am

Utah has the most spectacular scenery! I was there in April and visited most of the National Parks in the south part of the state. Here are the photos from that trip:
http://www.pbase.com/diana_bradshaw/utah_national_parks

Board index Other Travel Utah?