100%
Boreing
No votes

Total votes : 5

mreichel

BEIJING 北京

Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:28 pm

Hello:

I'm moving to Beijing in August to study Mandarin and Chinese History and I was wondering where are the best places in and outside the city to take photos. I'm really into cultural photos, temples, monasteries, traditional markets, and festivals... Does anybody have any recommendations for getting the best Beijing (as well as Xi’an, Mt Tai, Shanghai, and Qufu) shots? Also, what equipment would be necessary (which lenses would you recommend, I'm a canon fan myself; should I get a tripod?)? Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

你好:

我搬到北京在8月向研究普通□并且中国历史和我想知道何处是最佳的地方在城市内外采取相片。我真正地是入文化相片、寺庙、修道院、传统市场, 和节日... 有人有对得到最佳的北京(并且县, Mt Tai 、上海, 和Qufu) 射击的任何推荐吗? 并且, 透镜您会推荐的什么设备会是必要的(, 我是坎农相机公司支持者; 如果我会得到三脚架?)? 感谢, 任一信息很大地会被赞赏! :D

keezi

Re: BEIJING 北京

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:59 am

Beijng is full off nice photo's . don't forget a portretlens and a wide angel, you will find china full off cultural photos, temples, monasteries, traditional markets, and festivals. travel is easy take a train, or buy a moped.
places to visit ? X'ian is beautifuul an dthere is a nice restairant where they serve the hotest meal u ever tasted "Hotpot".
Try to vist Urumqi and the "takla makan" dessert home of some off the oldest city's.
u can find some photo's on my website

dgawen

Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:37 pm

Just trying to get images without hordes of domestic tourists with matching caps on is difficult enough...

Only joking, we are, after all, tourists as well!

the two highlights of China so far (am still in China: Xi'an at the mo) for me were:

-The great wall but DO NOT GO TO BADALING. make sure you head to the Jin Shan Ling to Simatai section (10km walk). Hardly any tourists, and wall hasn't been merclessly restored by greedy landowners.

-Temple of Heaven park (name escapes me), go there Very early in the morning just after dawn (we headed straight there after the T-square dawn flag raising, say 6am), when it just about to open. Its full of Beijingers doing Tai-Chi, meditating etc (again, no tourists, no westerners). Fantastic, very atmosphere, friendly people. We even joined in a group of really old guys, they were showing us the moves etc.
'83 1.8 Golf GTI: The original the best, and probably still faster than you!

mreichel

Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:02 pm

XieXieNin thanks for the info. I'll be living there for a few months (late Aug-Jan) so hopefully there will be an off season when there will be less tourists. I guess you pretty much have to get everywhere early to avoid the crouds. Thanks again for the info. :D

haleon

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:51 am

taking pictures of the back lanes is far more interesting than those great sites.. get to know some locals and get to their homes.. you'll find great subjects for your pictures.
The China Travel and Photography Forum
http://www.mychinatrips.com/forums/

mreichel

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:59 am

Thanks for the info, I'll actually be living with a local Beijing family for four months! I'm coming to China in a week! :D

moxfactor

Re: BEIJING 北京

Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:36 pm

[quote="mreichel"]Hello:

I'm moving to Beijing in August to study Mandarin and Chinese History and I was wondering where are the best places in and outside the city to take photos. I'm really into cultural photos, temples, monasteries, traditional markets, and festivals... Does anybody have any recommendations for getting the best Beijing (as well as Xi?an, Mt Tai, Shanghai, and Qufu) shots? Also, what equipment would be necessary (which lenses would you recommend, I'm a canon fan myself; should I get a tripod?)? Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

你好:

我æ

Board index Other Travel BEIJING 北京