Board index Photography Technical Questions Download RAW Images TO Laptop

Technical Questions

Download RAW Images TO Laptop

Discuss technical aspects of photography
williecoetzer

Download RAW Images TO Laptop

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 am

Download RAW images to Laptop. Whenever I try to download RAW images from my Nikon D200 to my laptop, the message appears that there are no images on my disk.

ernst

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:02 am

Don't know if this differs, but how do you download, directly from camera or via a seperate card reader? Try both to see whether there is anything accessible on the memory card...
Did you format the disk in camera before photographing?
I had this thing with a friend's datatank. While full with photos, she couldn't get access to it with her laptop, my desktop pc saw it as being unformatted and my laptop (all Windows XP SP2) had no problems with it! :roll: Fortunately we were able to save the memories of a 3 weeks trip to India!
So, try another computer too...

Good luck!

davidclunas

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Have seen this on a Canon 20D.

Check the files are on the card using the camera (assume yes)

Check that your PC understands the file format extension, Canon uses a .CR2 extension, not sure on Nikon. If your PC does not know what the format (file extension) is then it may not show the images,depending on how you have set the PC up.

Check that the RAW files are being saved corrctly on the camera. This was the error on the Cannon, the default setting on the camera were wrong,

Good luck

dang

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:38 am

Downloading RAW can be a problem if you haven't installed the proper software. There's several threads in the editing/programs forum about this type thing. Here's one you can check: http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=24405

robvrijburg

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Hello,
Does your windows display Raw files?

There is from Microsoft a Raw-viewer, it works for both Nikon and Canon.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Maybe that is the point, windows can not understand the extension.

If you can open raw-files allready, then skip this.

good luck

rob

Board index Photography Technical Questions Download RAW Images TO Laptop